Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Try going to System Preferences > Displays.
Select your tablet.
Hold the Option key and click on the "Scaled" button.
See if you have the option to lower refresh rate. If yes, lower it and see if it helps.
I do not get the option. When I mirror the tablet to the Dell display and lower that refresh rate, doesn't help either (if that would even help in the first place)
Also, you can launch Console and search for "HDCP" to see if you are getting any HDCP errors.
No HDCP errors.

I do not get the option. When I mirror the tablet to the Dell display and lower that refresh rate, doesn't help either (if that would even help in the first place)

No HDCP errors.

If you don't see any HDCP errors, you can rule out HDCP being the problem.

I've never had much luck getting HDMI running reliably on any of my hacks. I've always had to either (1) lower resolution and/or (2) refresh rate... Have you tried unplugging/replugging HDMI after the system has been booted?

I've never had much luck getting HDMI running reliably on any of my hacks. I've always had to either (1) lower resolution and/or (2) refresh rate...
Ok. I'll see if a DP to HDMI converter does the trick. Waiting for delivery. I'll check back then.
Have you tried unplugging/replugging HDMI after the system has been booted?
I have, no luck.

So to be clear after updating clover my system won’t boot.
I tried pasting the 3 items into the clover bios config. Still no go.
I can access files by booting to an old install with the USB stick.

So to be clear after updating clover my system won’t boot.
I tried pasting the 3 items into the clover bios config. Still no go.
I can access files by booting to an old install with the USB stick.

Are you using your own USB fix?

Are you updating macOS or are you just trying to update the EFI and still using an old version of macOS? What version of macOS are you running?

What PCI-e cards do you have installed?

After reading that It was a good idea to keep Clover updated I did so and that broke my boot Into Catalina. So now I can only boot into a small High Sierra install that I saved on the hard drive.
The main OS is Catalina that I no longer have access to after updating Clover.:(

I can only boot into the old HS install without any graphics card.

Should I retry installing clover to the Catalina partition, and if so what version?

Last edited:
Looks like we got it, between the missing 3 items in clover and plugging in the RX 580.

Its been down for a couple weeks now and after getting rusty with Clover I needed to sit down and focus for a few good hours. Thank you so much for directing me to these issue, very much appreciated.

Any success on the 11.3 front with the Z370s?

Works ... clover .68 from post #1; no issues, just a few reboots.

Back