Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Ah just had my first freeze. My YouTube seem to be playing in the background but no input from my mouse and keyboard. The system seem to be frozen too. I can move the mouse though strangely.

Sounds very similar to what @starcat102 has been experiencing. I don't know what can cause this.

Hey @pastrychef ! Hows going? Do you still use your old config? Long time since last updateツ Do you have any idea why Your oc config does not start up my usb s? Your clover config works perfectly with my setup, but the oc config has usb issues, none of my usb ports works.

It's going well. Thanks.

I don't understand what you mean by does not start your USB. USB on the OpenCore EFI is pre-configured. It assumes that you are using the M.2 slot for Bluetooth and the internal USB2 headers are disabled.

@pastrychef :

I mean , none of the usb s are working. I did 0 modification in the configs. My keyboard, mouse, usb bt module stops working, if i boot the same system with clover, they all work, no issues.

@pastrychef :

I mean , none of the usb s are working. I did 0 modification in the configs. My keyboard, mouse, usb bt module stops working, if i boot the same system with clover, they all work, no issues.

Your motherboard is different from mine. You will need to create your own USB ports kext.

Please see the following:

Your motherboard is different from mine. You will need to create your own USB ports kext.

Please see the following:
it seems clover is more generic compared to OC. Your clover conf is perfect for me, but not OC :/ I will make my own USB kexts. Thank you!

it seems clover is more generic compared to OC. Your clover conf is perfect for me, but not OC :/ I will make my own USB kexts. Thank you!

Yes. Clover is more generic. OpenCore is unforgiving.

Doing good. Thanks. Yourself?

Oh, fair to middlin'......not bad really. Lucked into figuring the problem I almost posted about out.

CaseySJ helped me with a TB config, and even without hacking the firmware, just using the base Asus EX3 firmware, my TB card started showing up in the Thunderbolt section of SysInfo - which an unmodified card on a hackintosh doesn't show up there very often. It was showing the Apple extended sections of TB that Windows doesn't (Windows is ICM mode and just doesn't use TB that extensively), but now that's gone. Don't know what that's about because I have not changed the SSDT he helped me with. Guess I'll have to get back to him...

With that final thought, I can say that this system has never been more stable or capable. OC 6.3 seems just about perfect for it. Everything just works. No KP's, no freezes, zippo. It's kind of nice.

Last edited:
just using the base Asus EX3 firmware, my TB card (an Asus EC3) started showing up in the Thunderbolt section. It was showing the Apple extended sections of TB

Wow. Cool.

I pulled my Thunderbolt card because I don't have any Thunderbold accessories. Lol

Hello! What is the most optimal configuration setting for the z370 - i8700 Radeon VII Give a link to EFI

Back