Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

any update on the issue with Clover dumping all kind of information on screen in the begin of booting?

any update on the issue with Clover dumping all kind of information on screen in the begin of booting?

Please try replacing these three files in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/.

They will be included the next time I update the Clover EFI.

Attachments

• untitled folder.zip
    45.8 KB · Views: 57
I think Acronis True Image works for macOS, but I've never tried. I use Carbon Copy Cloner.

I don't know about 144Hz displays... Mine just does 60Hz.
I use Acronis with my hacks, and it works fine. It’s really slow but even copies the EFI. It creates an exact copy that appears to Apple’s servers as the same disk. Something I don’t think that CCC can do.

Please try replacing these three files in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/.

They will be included the next time I update the Clover EFI.
Unfortunately this doesn't help. Are you sure you sent the update ones?

Unfortunately this doesn't help. Are you sure you sent the update ones?

I tested on my laptop, and it worked fine. I haven't tested on my desktops, yet, because both my systems are busy. I'll update once I've had time to test on the desktops.

Yes, I will ... it's my Asus z390 with AMD RX580... super stable... but simply FCXP crashes on start ... in which post you summarised in a table all the differences among the sysdef in terms of DRM and that stuff? I cannot find it...

I'm curious if you try system different definitions what your results will be.

I'm using Mac 1,1 and FCX has been a little problematic for me. Initially, it seemed to work well. But as my timelines became more complex with 4K, Motion plug-ins, and effects, I noticed my system render speeds dropping... dramatically in some cases...far more than you would expect for my processor and graphics card. And HEVC files are just painfully slow to create.

My theory is that, even though I have a Radeon VII, some effects still use the iGPU. And since it's disabled in 1,1, the system switches to the processor resulting in poor performance. This is just my guess. But you definitely notice when the Radeon is rendering and when it's not.

I've tried several times to switch to 19,1 but can't seem to make it work. My system freezes on boot any time the iGPU is on.

Last edited:

I'm using Mac 1,1 and FCX has been a little problematic for me. Initially, it seemed to work well. But as my timelines became more complex with 4K, Motion plug-ins, and effects, I noticed my system render speeds dropping... dramatically in some cases...far more than you would expect for my processor and graphics card. And HEVC files are just painfully slow to create.

My theory is that, even though I have a Radeon VII, some effects still use the iGPU. And since it's disabled in 1,1, the system switches to the processor resulting in poor performance. This is just my guess. But you definitely notice when the Radeon is rendering and when it's not.

I've tried several times to switch to 19,1 but can't seem to make it work. My system freezes on boot any time the iGPU is on.

You can try enabling IGPU with iMacPro1,1 system definition.

I solved this puzzle staying on 18,3 and enabling both the two ACPI patches regarding the correct naming and path of graphics resources (GFX0->IGPU and PEGP->GFX0 ) and enabling the correct ig-platform-id for my CPU. Now FCXP is working smoothly.

I use Acronis with my hacks, and it works fine. It’s really slow but even copies the EFI. It creates an exact copy that appears to Apple’s servers as the same disk. Something I don’t think that CCC can do.
Can you tell me which version you use for this? Thx.

Back