Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

You're still getting a lot of code signing errors but for different processes. I don't know why...

Non Wi-Fi version of the motherboard shouldn't make any difference. MacBook on Mojave doesn't matter.

Can you try creating your USB installer using the directions from my Z390 build thread? Link is below in my signature.

Ok will try that now, however if it doesn't work after this I'll stop wasting your time and get the board RMA'd!

Thanks for helping me out on this

You're still getting a lot of code signing errors but for different processes. I don't know why...

Non Wi-Fi version of the motherboard shouldn't make any difference. MacBook on Mojave doesn't matter.

Can you try creating your USB installer using the directions from my Z390 build thread? Link is below in my signature.

It's not looking good - similar sort of errors. Sorry to have wasted your time! I will get this RMA'd tomorrow and hopefully I can get warranty replacement by Tuesday or Wednesday. Will message back here once I've assembled it again (CBA removing this massive heatsink now)

Do you have a link I can possibly buy you a coffee/drink on? You've been really helpful and one of the main reasons I chose this board (even though it's older) is because of this thread and how helpful and responsive you are!

It should work for Apple TV but Netflix and Amazon Prime Videos will probably still not work in Safari.

Can confirm TV+ works, Prime video doesn’t. Apparently Netflix does according to a thread I read. It is being actively worked on apparently so that is cool.

I don’t use any of those services anyway, just wanted it as complete as possible. However if it’s DRM (iMacPro1,1) or Sidecar(iMac19,x) I’m choosing sidecar currently.

Feels good moving from 18,3 to 19,2 - cleaning up the build. I also found that hibernate pmset and the new proximitywake setting were on too so changed those.

Do you have a link I can possibly buy you a coffee/drink on? You've been really helpful and one of the main reasons I chose this board (even though it's older) is because of this thread and how helpful and responsive you are!

I second this! My choice for this hardware was due to this thread and I am very grateful for your work/help, pastrychef!

@pastrychef Do you know where was your table with the difference in sysdef regarding HW en/decoding, HEVC support and DRM? I get in troubles in having FCXP working properly... I'm on sysdef 18,3...

@pastrychef Do you know where was your table with the difference in sysdef regarding HW en/decoding, HEVC support and DRM? I get in troubles in having FCXP working properly... I'm on sysdef 18,3...

What issues are you having with FCPX? HEVC?

You can try iMacPro1,1 with and without IGPU enabled in BIOS.

What issues are you having with FCPX? HEVC?

You can try iMacPro1,1 with and without IGPU enabled in BIOS.

Yes, I will ... it's my Asus z390 with AMD RX580... super stable... but simply FCXP crashes on start ... in which post you summarised in a table all the differences among the sysdef in terms of DRM and that stuff? I cannot find it...

Yes, I will ... it's my Asus z390 with AMD RX580... super stable... but simply FCXP crashes on start ... in which post you summarised in a table all the differences among the sysdef in terms of DRM and that stuff? I cannot find it...

That post may be out of date now...

If you want working DRM, iMacPro1,1 is your best choice. Apple TV+, Netflix and Amazon Prime on Safari work. The only down side to iMacPro1,1 is that Sidecar doesn't work.

If you need Sidecar, you should use iMac19,x. DRM will be broken with iMac19,x. There are workarounds that may or may not work...

It might be... This is yet another thing that I've never tried... But I'm willing to give it a shot...

Let me know when you have the hardware and I'll try to construct an EFI for you...

Alright, so now I have the hardware. Right now on my PC there's a NVIDIA RTX 2070 & a RX580. What I'm currently doing to boot in macOS is to use the HDMI motherboard connection to boot, and once I'm booted up, I plug in my DisplayPort connection to the RX580, and disconnect the HDMI motherboard connection. (If I boot in Windows I just use the RTX)

Here are my questions:

1- I'm currently using the EFI you made me, do you think I can update to the latest macOS, I'm currently on 10.15.2?

2- The edits you made to the EFI, can I do them by myself so next time I don't have to ask you, if ever I'm updating macOS, or to a new macOS?

3- And do you think there's an easier way for me to boot into macOS considering that on Windows I use my RTX?

Thanks again for your time, my current work requires me to use a "powerful" Mac, and thanks to you, I can do my work at home!

Alright, so now I have the hardware. Right now on my PC there's a NVIDIA RTX 2070 & a RX580. What I'm currently doing to boot in macOS is to use the HDMI motherboard connection to boot, and once I'm booted up, I plug in my DisplayPort connection to the RX580, and disconnect the HDMI motherboard connection. (If I boot in Windows I just use the RTX)

Here are my questions:

1- I'm currently using the EFI you made me, do you think I can update to the latest macOS, I'm currently on 10.15.2?

2- The edits you made to the EFI, can I do them by myself so next time I don't have to ask you, if ever I'm updating macOS, or to a new macOS?

3- And do you think there's an easier way for me to boot into macOS considering that on Windows I use my RTX?

Thanks again for your time, my current work requires me to use a "powerful" Mac, and thanks to you, I can do my work at home!

Please follow the instructions here. Then post your EFI folder.

Back