Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hey @pastrychef

I thought my build is perfect, so I deceide to do a upgrade from 10.15.2 to 10.15.3

Then I screwed.
System stack at loading bar(at 75%) for a while then turn into black screen...
I can still enter recover mode(with screen on)
Tried nvram clean, not working
Tried to PCIE only(disable iGPU), not working(then i put it back)

Thanks for any suggestions.

View attachment 449531

When the screen goes black, is there still disk activity?

Get rid of the following. Why did you add that stuff??
View attachment 449400

If removing SATA-200-series-unsupported.kext increases boot time, put it back.

You are using the wrong Bluetooth kexts. You can't just throw any kexts in there and hope it works...

In /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ delete:
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmNonPatchRAM.kext
BrcmPatchRAM.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi.kext
FakePCIID.kext

Use the attached kexts for Bluetooth.

You also added IntelMausi.kext. Why?

Instructions to fix USB:

Thank you sir! - bluetooth now works. The reason I added those ROM and MLB was to get iMessage working. As for IntelMausi, I might have merged instead of replaced the folder.

Is there away to enable audio input devices. When using the Mojave guide, I recall being able to record sound with a mic on a HYPERx gaming headset.

Thank you sir! - bluetooth now works. The reason I added those ROM and MLB was to get iMessage working. As for IntelMausi, I might have merged instead of replaced the folder.

Is there away to enable audio input devices. When using the Mojave guide, I recall being able to record sound with a mic on a HYPERx gaming headset.

Where did you get those values to enter? Nowhere in my instructions do I tell you to make up values to enter there. Please see the following guide:

What audio-id are you using? Is audio in working?

Yes. CPU light keep on - I leave it run for 10 mins and nothing get change

Which CPU light?

If there is still disk activity, leave the system running until there is no more disk activity. The update may very well be progressing.

Things you can try:
Add "agdp=pikera" to boot arguments.
Unplug and re-plug the monitor cable when the screen goes black.

Which CPU light?

If there is still disk activity, leave the system running until there is no more disk activity. The update may very well be progressing.

Things you can try:
Add "agdp=pikera" to boot arguments.
Unplug and re-plug the monitor cable when the screen goes black.
agdomod=pikera or vit9696 do not work for me.

Somehow i got this sorted out by adding FB Name=Orinoco and inject ATI.

I know WEG's notes saying I shouldn't do this. But I guess this have fixed my issue somehow..

I wonder does WEG has a bug collection repo or thread ?

agdomod=pikera or vit9696 do not work for me.

Somehow i got this sorted out by adding FB Name=Orinoco and inject ATI.

I know WEG's notes saying I shouldn't do this. But I guess this have fixed my issue somehow..

I wonder does WEG has a bug collection repo or thread ?

I don't know where to submit bug reports...

Hmm... Maybe it's just a bug with the game you are playing and the version of drivers you are using... Try searching around the internet.
It seems that I fixed that problem. I found out after taking out the Vega64 that the locking clip was not locking the Vega64. So I did a run with a RX570 this was ok. But I was curious because of the locking clip. The Vega64 is huge and due the Sata ports it's hard to get the card secured into the PCI slots with the locking clip locking the card. So I did a few gaming runs and it went fine until now.

I have a new question. Yesterday I decided to add 16GB (2x8GB) extra to my system for virtualisation tests. It worked once but this morning my system doesn't boot after all the ++++++++++++++++++++++++++ signs during the booting process. I have now 4 x 8GB occupying all the slots. I know this was one of the issues in the past something with the clover but I use currently 5098 if I'm correct. Do you know how to fix this because when I take them out everything works? (I used XMP but I disabled it temporary). It is 2 x 8GB crucial sport DDR4 2400 & 2 x DDR4 3000. In windows no issues at all.

Back