Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I knew I was forgetting to mention something. I have already tried that to no avail. Just to be sure I am understanding that thread's suggestion, I only need to copy the file SSDT-EC.aml into /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched? There is nothing else to do after that? If so, it did not work. I also followed the directions linked here as well with the same result.

Hmm... Yes, SSDT-EC.aml should have fixed the "apfs_module_start:1683" problem... Are you sure it didn't stall with a different error after adding SSDT-EC.aml?

Do you know if MSR is locked on your motherboard? You can check by using DCPIManager. Please see here.

Also, please update your profile to the hardware you are currently working on.

Hmm... Yes, SSDT-EC.aml should have fixed the "apfs_module_start:1683" problem... Are you sure it didn't stall with a different error after adding SSDT-EC.aml?

Do you know if MSR is locked on your motherboard? You can check by using DCPIManager. Please see here.

Also, please update your profile to the hardware you are currently working on.

Here is another image of the verbose output with the .aml file in that directory. Looks the same to me.
IMG_20200130_095659.jpg

As far as getting DCPIManager running, I would need to be booted into a mac drive for that? I can't seem to find any alternate OS version of it. Might the `Namespace lookup failure` halfway down be relevant to the issue?

Hardware is also updated now.

Here is another image of the verbose output with the .aml file in that directory. Looks the same to me.
View attachment 447479

As far as getting DCPIManager running, I would need to be booted into a mac drive for that? I can't seem to find any alternate OS version of it. Might the `Namespace lookup failure` halfway down be relevant to the issue?

Hardware is also updated now.

Please try this EFI with IGPU disabled in BIOS.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.2 MB · Views: 65
Quick question re: SIMBIOS - Can I change my working Product Name from MacPro1,1 back to iMac19,1 by simply making that one change, or are other parts of config.plist involved? (I ask because there is some indication here on TM that such a change might solve the random lockups I'm seeing.)

Quick question re: SIMBIOS - Can I change my working Product Name from MacPro1,1 back to iMac19,1 by simply making that one change, or are other parts of config.plist involved? (I ask because there is some indication here on TM that such a change might solve the random lockups I'm seeing.)

Use Clover Configurator to change your system definition. It will automatically help change all the accompanying info.

As per forum rules, please complete your profile to include your CPU, motherboard, and GPU. It will make it much easier for others to help you.

That being said, I don't know what CPU you are running or which version of Geekbench you are using... The scoring system of Geekbench 4.x and Geekbench 5.x are very different and should not be compared with each other.

I updated my profile. Sorry bout that. Makes absolutely sense :)

I have the ASUS ROG Strix Z-370-H Gaming with a OC'd i7-8700K and a AMD RX 580. Everything works flawless with my build. (Except the TP-Link wifi card - but thats another story) Only thing I wonder is that the Geekbench results should be MUCH higher then 1180 for SingleCore and 6966 for Multicore ? CPU and GPU results looks just fine.

I used your instructions for my build (EFI and everything) because its the closest to my parts, and it worked for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I updated my profile. Sorry bout that. Makes absolutely sense :)
So i have the Asus Rog Strix Z-370-H Gaming with a OC'd i7-8700k and a AMD RX580. Everything works flawless with my build. (Except the TP-Link wifi card - but thats another story) Only thing i wonder is that the Geekbench results should be MUCH higher then 1180 for SingleCore and 6966 for Multicore ? CPU and GPU results looks just fine.

I used your instructions for my build (EFI and everything) because its the closest to my parts and it worked for me.

1180 and 6966 sounds fine to me. Those sound like Geekbench 5 results. On Geekbench 5.1.0, my overclocked i9-9900K gets about 1370 and 9470. My i5-9400F gets about 1120 and 5540.

If you run Geekbench 4.x.x, the numbers will be much larger if that's what you want to see...

Ah okay. I thought something is wrong with my build because of the lower numbers because I compared it to your Geekbench results. Stupid me...didn't know that there are so different numbers between Geekbench 4 and 5.
Now, I finally got it. Thank you !!

Please try this EFI with IGPU disabled in BIOS.

I can finally boot into the installer and my previous Catalina from my last board! What was the alteration you made here? I'm having a hard time figuring it out.

Also thank you so much for helping me.

Back