Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

@pastrychef how do you use the AppleHotKeys?

I am using this way;

If I want to boot verbose first I click Command+V then choose my primary drive.
If I want to boot recovery first I click Command+R then choose recovery.dmg drive.

is that right?

@pastrychef how do you use the AppleHotKeys?

I am using this way;

If I want to boot verbose first I click Command+V then choose my primary drive.
If I want to boot recovery first I click Command+R then choose recovery.dmg drive.

is that right?

I haven't tried that feature... Is it working correctly for you?

I haven't tried that feature... Is it working correctly for you?
Yeah, it's working. But I want to set timeout to 0 then how these work properly I don't figure it out yet :crazy:

Yeah, it's working. But I want to set timeout to 0 then how these work properly I don't figure it out yet :crazy:

Maybe set show picker to no. Then start holding the key combos before the bootloader is loaded.

@pastrychef Thank you! Because of you I could get my Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming up and running. I'm so Happy and officially addicted to hackintosh´s :)
Only one thing I cant find out by myself: My Geekbench score is 1180 for Singlecore and Multicore 6966.
This is way to low. I cant figure it out. I searched and tried everything i could find by myself. I'm such a newbie..
BUT, I'm eager to learn. Thank for any advice or hint.

@pastrychef Thank you! Because of you I could get my Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming up and running. I'm so Happy and officially addicted to hackintosh´s :)
Only one thing I cant find out by myself: My Geekbench score is 1180 for Singlecore and Multicore 6966.
This is way to low. I cant figure it out. I searched and tried everything i could find by myself. I'm such a newbie..
BUT, I'm eager to learn. Thank for any advice or hint.

As per forum rules, please complete your profile to include your CPU, motherboard, and GPU. It will make it much easier for others to help you.

That being said, I don't know what CPU you are running or which version of Geekbench you are using... The scoring system of Geekbench 4.x and Geekbench 5.x are very different and should not be compared with each other.

Hey @pastrychef. I know you get a lot of these but here goes.

I'm really struggling to get my rig, which is nearly the same as yours I believe, to boot any mac drive.

Parts:
Mobo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming (you have the 370-G so I didn't figure they would be too far off but I'm beginning to think this board is the issue)
CPU: i9 9900k
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon Rx Vega 56
Drive: NVMe 970 EVO (firmware is up to date)

After attempts to use your EFI folder directly, then an attempt to use the folder linked here, I was met with a set of similar errors.

Using the EFI in the link with or without the NVMe:
IMG_20200130_022716.jpg

Using your EFI with the NVMe:
IMG_20200130_023554.jpg

Using your EFI without the NVMe:

IMG_20200130_023750.jpg

I am really quite lost. I tried skimming the last 30 or so pages of posts but couldn't find anyone with a problem like mine. The board is recommended by this site so I don't know where I've gone wrong as far as config goes.

Hey @pastrychef. I know you get a lot of these but here goes.

I'm really struggling to get my rig, which is nearly the same as yours I believe, to boot any mac drive.

Parts:
Mobo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming (you have the 370-G so I didn't figure they would be too far off but I'm beginning to think this board is the issue)
CPU: i9 9900k
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon Rx Vega 56
Drive: NVMe 970 EVO (firmware is up to date)

After attempts to use your EFI folder directly, then an attempt to use the folder linked here, I was met with a set of similar errors.

Using the EFI in the link with or without the NVMe:
View attachment 447417

Using your EFI with the NVMe:
View attachment 447418

Using your EFI without the NVMe:

View attachment 447419

I am really quite lost. I tried skimming the last 30 or so pages of posts but couldn't find anyone with a problem like mine. The board is recommended by this site so I don't know where I've gone wrong as far as config goes.

Try the fix in the following link:

Let me know how it goes. If it solves your problems, I'll help you get native NVRAM working afterwards.

Try the fix in the following link:

Let me know how it goes. If it solves your problems, I'll help you get native NVRAM working afterwards.

I knew I was forgetting to mention something. I have already tried that to no avail. Just to be sure I am understanding that thread's suggestion, I only need to copy the file SSDT-EC.aml into /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched? There is nothing else to do after that? If so, it did not work. I also followed the directions linked here as well with the same result.

Back