Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Can your EFI folder use in Asus ROG Strix Z370-F for Catalina?

Yes. You just have to do your own USB 15 port limit fix. Everything else should work fine.

Yes. You just have to do your own USB 15 port limit fix. Everything else should work fine.
Thank you. How to fix? Can you fix it?I am a beginner

Thank you. How to fix? Can you fix it?I am a beginner

As always, first thing to do is apply one of the proper USB 15 port limit fixes and stop using the KextsToPatch to address the 15 port limit. There are multiple ways to do this and some are quite simple. Just pick one method and apply it.

Kind of coincidental that both you and aliengfx have this fan behavior and both of you are on RX 580s... Try fixing the USB first then we'll see how the fans behave afterwards.

Hi @pastrychef

I applied USB fix and now my rig can go sleep succesfully.
However new issue comes with wake up.

Once I use keyboard stroke to wake up my rig, the on board POST(power on self test) state LED shown as yellow(DRAM).
Monitor is black. It never goes to the system. I have to use power botton to force power off.
Next time power on, mobo will enter POSTed state I have to use F1 enter BIOS then start up the system from there.
I also tried add darkwake=0/10/8. Non of those worked.

PMSET -g log shows

Code:
2020-01-26 02:56:55 -0600 Failure                 Failure during sleep: 0xFFFFFFFF0000001F : EFI/Bootrom Failure after last point of entry to sleep
Sleep/Wakes since boot at 2020-01-26 02:23:27 -0600 :0   Dark Wake Count in this sleep cycle:1

Thanks for any suggestion!

Hi @pastrychef

I applied USB fix and now my rig can go sleep succesfully.
However new issue comes with wake up.

Once I use keyboard stroke to wake up my rig, the on board POST(power on self test) state LED shown as yellow(DRAM).
Monitor is black. It never goes to the system. I have to use power botton to force power off.
Next time power on, mobo will enter POSTed state I have to use F1 enter BIOS then start up the system from there.
I also tried add darkwake=0/10/8. Non of those worked.

PMSET -g log shows

Code:
2020-01-26 02:56:55 -0600 Failure                 Failure during sleep: 0xFFFFFFFF0000001F : EFI/Bootrom Failure after last point of entry to sleep
Sleep/Wakes since boot at 2020-01-26 02:23:27 -0600 :0   Dark Wake Count in this sleep cycle:1

Thanks for any suggestion!

Since the motherboard is telling you something is wrong with your RAM, try running with different RAM or try with just one stick of RAM and then again with the other stick(s) of RAM to try and isolate which RAM is bad.

Since the logs are showing something with Bootrom and you have to press F1 on reboot, try clearing CMOS on the motherboard and re-do your BIOS settings.

Since the motherboard is telling you something is wrong with your RAM, try running with different RAM or try with just one stick of RAM and then again with the other stick(s) of RAM to try and isolate which RAM is bad.

Since the logs are showing something with Bootrom and you have to press F1 on reboot, try clearing CMOS on the motherboard and re-do your BIOS settings.

This rig used to run High Serria and everything was fine inclouding sleep/wake up...
I reinstall Catalina after switched GTX 970 to RX 580.
I've upgrade my BIOS recently so CMOS should be cleaned.

Any other possibilites?
Thanks!

This rig used to run High Serria and everything was fine inclouding sleep/wake up...
I reinstall Catalina after switched GTX 970 to RX 580.
I've upgrade my BIOS recently so CMOS should be cleaned.

Any other possibilites?
Thanks!

I've never heard of an update to Catalina causing the motherboard diagnostics LED for RAM to light up.

I'm also on the latest BIOS.

Figured I'd also ask here if anyone else with an RX 580 has this issue where: when waking from sleep, if you just press the keyboard then it will sound like it's waking but the screen will stay blank? I usually have to spam a key to get it to wake properly this way.

Figured I'd also ask here if anyone else with an RX 580 has this issue where: when waking from sleep, if you just press the keyboard then it will sound like it's waking but the screen will stay blank? I usually have to spam a key to get it to wake properly this way.

I'm having the same.

Holy smokes!! It works!! I tested with Clover and OpenCore. I needed to clear NVRAM once before it all started to work, but after that, everything was smooth.

I'm going to have to reassess how I feel about Z390...

Much props to the guys at acidanthera!!!
Hey Pastrychef, on the Gigabyte Boards we have to unlock MSR register, before we can use native NVRAM. Is this not necessary on your Asus Board?

Back