Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I just mounted the MSI Vega 56 :mrgreen:, and it seems to work really well. I wanted to try OpenCore.

Ah. Okay. Cool.

So, try opening the config.plist with Xcode or PlistEdit Pro. Then go to the Devices section and you can edit the text for video card to say "Vega 56" or anything you like.

You should also delete the lines that start with "PP_". Those are the power tables for my Radeon VII that I forgot to delete... :banghead:

I just mounted the MSI Vega 56 :mrgreen:, and it seems to work really well. I wanted to try OpenCore.

I replaced the OpenCore EFI with the power tables deleted.

My current Vega 56 settings: (post #8,707)
1630MHz core @ 1010mV, 900MHz HBM, 55 target temperature.
2020-01-21 alle 21.41.19.png

Are you using SSDTs or DSDT? Those can populate System Information > PCI.
What system definition are you using?

I don't know if 9-series motherboard SATA is natively supported.
Do you have any kexts for SATA?

A lot of this depends on how you have your EFI folder configured.
I don't need SSDT nor DSDT. So, no.
iMac15,1

No I don't have any kext for SATA but I searched a bit and found some used intel generic ahci sata kext but those posts are old and also RehabMan's SATA-unsupported.kext.

"in ioreg all SATA devices are under AppleAHCI, installing one of the kext below made it load under AppleIntelPchAHCI" they state. Is this cosmetic as well? Or having them to load under AppleIntelPchAHCI make things better or more reliable?

My EFI folder is so simple, less is more. MacOS is untouched, everything is in Clover/Kexts/Other.

Kexts/Other:
- AppleALC
- AtherosE2200Ethernet
- Lilu
- SMCProcessor
- SMCSuperIO
- USBPorts
- VirtualSMC
- WhateverGreen

Thanks!

Is this cosmetic as well? Or having them to load under AppleIntelPchAHCI make things better or more reliable?

As far as I know, it doesn't affect performance or stability.

Yes. The only X factor is the RX 5700 XT... I don't have any experience with that and it seems to be finicky for lots of people.

If you don't have problems installing Mojave, you can just upgrade to Catalina.
Hello again,

Just replying to let you know.. it works! Thanks so much.
Just figuring out how to get bluetooth working on my Fenvi T919 and I'll be all good.

Thanks so much again!!

Hello again,

Just replying to let you know.. it works! Thanks so much.
Just figuring out how to get bluetooth working on my Fenvi T919 and I'll be all good.

Thanks so much again!!

Cool.

Bluetooth problems are almost always related to USB. Get USB working right and your Bluetooth should work.

@pastrychef Finally native NVRAM fixed for Z390. Check Github OC for details. :headbang:

After spending a few days with the latest BIOS for my Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming and the new NVRAM fix from acidanthera, I think I finally have stability even with my RAM at 3600MHz!!

I might have to do a Z390 build thread now...

Thanks again to both of you for alerting me to the NVRAM fix! :thumbup:

Btw, the i5-9400F really offers a lot of bang for the buck (I got mine for $130). Here are some Geekbench results and some i7-7700K results for contexts.

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 7.57.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 8.02.47 AM.png

Last edited:
Back