Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Attachments

• OpenCore 0.5.2 Z370G Beta 5.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 47
I think I know what I did wrong... Please try this one...

Great, it worked!!!!
Thanks a lot, pastrychef.
Well, so when I update OpenCore next time, I should always keep the ACPI folder?

Great, it worked!!!!
Thanks a lot, pastrychef.
Well, so when I update OpenCore next time, I should always keep the ACPI folder?

OpenCore is still very new and things can change rapidly. Make sure to check change logs when updating.

The files in ACPI should be good regardless of versions. They will also work with Clover.

OpenCore is still very new and things can change rapidly. Make sure to check change logs when updating.

The files in ACPI should be good regardless of versions. They will also work with Clover.

Anyway, Thanks again.

Correct. GTX 1080 Ti doesn't change anything. They also rely on the Nvidia web drivers.

The lowest AMD card that would work is the RX 560. But I think you can find really good deals on used Vega 56 cards on eBay now, if you want to get something more powerful. Before buying, check on the forum that the model you want to purchase is compatible. Some specific cards have problem. Quite a few XFX brand cards have problems with hackintoshes.

I think it's possible to use IGPU without pulling your GTX 1080 Ti, but it's something I've never tried to do personally.

If you need to drive so many monitors, you will need to use a dedicated video card. IGPU does not have that many outputs.
Thank you so much for your response. It looks like I'll be going with either an RX 570 or 580 because they have more outputs and I'll be able to utilize all five of my screens. Those two cards seem to work so I think I'll be able to update to Catalina soon!

Thank you so much for your response. It looks like I'll be going with either an RX 570 or 580 because they have more outputs and I'll be able to utilize all five of my screens. Those two cards seem to work so I think I'll be able to update to Catalina soon!

If you are not in a hurry, AMD should be releasing the 5500 cards soon. They are Navi cards and are much more modern than the RX 570 or 580. They should also be cooler running and consume less power.

If you are not in a hurry, AMD should be releasing the 5500 cards soon. They are Navi cards and are much more modern than the RX 570 or 580. They should also be cooler running and consume less power.
Thank you for flagging this! I'm definitely not in a rush to update, it'll just be a nice to have. I haven't updated since following your initial guide, waiting another month or two won't change much.

@pastrychef can't hide my Windows Drives on Clover boot. I always wrote "Windows" in the hide section, normally it been worked after the restart but now it looks never affect it.

@pastrychef can't hide my Windows Drives on Clover boot. I always wrote "Windows" in the hide section, normally it been worked after the restart but now it looks never affect it.

Sorry. I don't know. I never try to hide any of the volumes.

b54b509f506b379614ea6b5e9ea7b98f-sticker.png

Back