Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

View attachment 436745
What is this? It appears at boot before Clover.

EFI 15.1.5
Cannot boot anything from Clover. Will reboot or freeze at blank screen after a couple of seconds of Apple load screen.

That stuff is from the FileVault drivers. I don't know how to get rid of it.

@pastrychef do you know how to test IGPU is working or not? I open the Intel Power Gadget while screen record but GFX always a solid green line. I also open a picture in the Preview app and playing markup but nothing changed. How can I be sure my IGPU working?

@pastrychef do you know how to test IGPU is working or not? I open the Intel Power Gadget while screen record but GFX always a solid green line. I also open a picture in the Preview app and playing markup but nothing changed. How can I be sure my IGPU working?

I think that the activity readings for IGPU have always been spotty... If you are using iMac17,x, iMac18,x, or iMac19,x system definition and Preview and Quick Look are working correctly, it's safe to assume that IGPU is working. If IGPU is not working correctly, Preview and Quick Look will not work.

How do I enable Port HS12 instead of HS07 with OpenCore?

How do I enable Port HS12 instead of HS07 with opencore?
You can setup your USB ports with Hackintool and create a kext.

How do I enable Port HS12 instead of HS07 with OpenCore?

My OpenCore EFI uses a fixed SSDT-USB.aml file. If you want to change the configuration, you have several options:
  • Create a new SSDT or kext using Hackintool.
  • Use the SSDT from the Clover EFI and enter "uia_exclude=" boot flag in the OpenCore config.plist.
  • Open the OpenCore SSDT-USB.aml file in MaciASL and change all instances of HS07 to HS12 and re-compile it.

You can setup your USB ports with Hackintool and create a kext.
I still don't get it why people obsessed with this method. USB already working natively with Pike's method. And much easier than this method.

No need any inject kext or any boot arg. Just one SSDT enough.

Back