Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

@pastrychef Should integrated GPU be turned on or off if I am using your lastest Opencore EFI as is (with my serial and stuff put in). Thinking back that is the only bios setting I have changed. Since switched to imacpro 1,1 with your latest opencore, I thought it was supposed to be disabled, but wondering if that could be causing these issues?

I had IGPU disabled in BIOS.

I'm currently testing iMacPro1,1 with IGPU enabled in Clover. I have not tested this configuration with OpenCore.

Its usually in CPU settings maybe in overclocking section.

Maybe it's there but with new BIOS all GUI changed. Also no Serial Port option. I can't find it. I look under all settings but can't see it. Thats why I am asking @pastrychef, is he seeing these settings on the new BIOS?

It's not available in the BIOS UI for Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming. It has to be set in Grub shell.

@pastrychef I think the "bug" is gone regarding the waking of my Hack. Maybe there was some kind of problem in the Logitech G Hub app or similar.

However now I found a new "bug". If I plug a few pendrives on my USB ports, when coming back from sleep I get the "Not ejected properly" message. I don't get this if I do it on my iMac so I will assume it's not normal behaviour. Do you experience this too? Thanks!

EDIT: If I sleep it for like a few hours then I don't get the eject disks, but yesterday I let it sleep for like 12+ hours and when I wake it up this morning I had the ejected disks messages. So definitely it's happening when it sleeps for a lot of hours.

EDIT2: I'm investigating if this might be caused because the pendrive it self

Last edited:
@pastrychef I think the "bug" is gone regarding the waking of my Hack. Maybe there was some kind of problem in the Logitech G Hub app or similar.

However now I found a new "bug". If I plug a few pendrives on my USB ports, when coming back from sleep I get the "Not ejected properly" message. I don't get this if I do it on my iMac so I will assume it's not normal behaviour. Do you experience this too? Thanks!

EDIT: If I sleep it for like a few hours then I don't get the eject disks, but yesterday I let it sleep for like 12+ hours and when I wake it up this morning I had the ejected disks messages. So definitely it's happening when it sleeps for a lot of hours.

EDIT2: I'm investigating if this might be caused because the pendrive it self

I think this happens even on real Macs at least it did for me on my old MacPro5,1.

Even on Apple's Developer's Forum...

Last edited:
Hi again! I recently posted regarding the TV-app that I got working using SMBIOS for iMac Pro. The issue I then got was that on wake after sleep the system crashed. I did a post on the "post-install>general help" forum but got no answers. I have now gone back to SMBIOS for iMac 19,1 where everything (except TV-app) worked fine. I have tried Darkwake with some different values but not all. If that would help with this issue. I have also unchecked all options in power saving menu with no difference. The closest I've gotten to is that it won't crash but instead simply freezes just after login load is finished requiring a manual reboot. Any suggestions on what to do?

Hi again! I recently posted regarding the TV-app that I got working using SMBIOS for iMac Pro. The issue I then got was that on wake after sleep the system crashed. I did a post on the "post-install>general help" forum but got no answers. I have now gone back to SMBIOS for iMac 19,1 where everything (except TV-app) worked fine. I have tried Darkwake with some different values but not all. If that would help with this issue. I have also unchecked all options in power saving menu with no difference. The closest I've gotten to is that it won't crash but instead simply freezes just after login load is finished requiring a manual reboot. Any suggestions on what to do?
Check this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...900k-amd-vega-56.239969/page-816#post-2030826

On my Z370-G, I never had to set any darkwake value.

Please post your EFI folder.

Boot in to Grub shell and enter:
Code:
setup_var_3 0x5C1 0x0

The address is same on BIOS F7 and F8.
Sorry man, I am asking too much thing maybe you overwhelmed, but I dont want to mess up anything. How to boot into a Grub shell? Grub shell and the shell.efi is not the same thing, right?

This is usually related with audio from iGPU and this is known issue with current AppleALC. If you are able to use audio using RX's DP/HDMI then you don't need AppleALC.

The TV app is working just disable the IGPU on BIOS with SMBIOS 19,1.

Back