Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Well I get the Apple logo when starting a show but then it stops. Seems to be related to apple-id since I can't register for 7 free days and always have to log in when trying to start a show.

Did you check to make sure the generated Serial is valid?

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 3.44.35 PM.png

Did and updated since it didn't have coverage, but still same problem. TBH, this is not super important ATM. I just got curious since I saw people where talking about it here. And again thanks for the help.

Is it not allowing you to sign up for Apple TV+ or are the videos not playing? That's two very different problems.

Switching to iMacPro1,1 and disabling IGPU should circumvent HDCP issues and DRM content should play without problems.

Not being able to sign up for Apple TV+ is different. Maybe call Apple to see why they are not allowing you to sign up.

Is it not allowing you to sign up for Apple TV+ or are the videos not playing? That's two very different problems.

Switching to iMacPro1,1 and disabling IGPU should circumvent HDCP issues and DRM content should play without problems.

Not being able to sign up for Apple TV+ is different. Maybe call Apple to see why they are not allowing you to sign up.

Not allowing me to sign in it seems, since now it at least tries to play but after Apple logo intro it goes black and shuts down the show. Going to try with Apple support.

@pastrychef do you sleep your computer? If yes, do you mind sharing how much does it takes the display to show image? I'm getting around 10 seconds while my 2013 iMac wakes from sleep in like 2 seconds and my Macbook Pro connected to the same display (LG 27UK850) takes around 5 seconds.

@pastrychef do you sleep your computer? If yes, do you mind sharing how much does it takes the display to show image? I'm getting around 10 seconds while my 2013 iMac wakes from sleep in like 2 seconds and my Macbook Pro connected to the same display (LG 27UK850) takes around 5 seconds.

Yes, I rely on sleep a lot because I leave my system running 24/7.

Wake has always taken longer on hacks compared to real Macs. I don't know why.

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 4.21.41 PM.png

Yes, I rely on sleep a lot because I leave my system running 24/7.

Wake has always taken longer on hacks compared to real Macs. I don't know why.

View attachment 435150
Yes! that's exactly my use case too. I never turn off my iMac or MacBook Pro, I just let them sleep.

It's interesting because I own an Apple LED Cinema Display (DisplayPort), and it takes around 4-5 seconds to wake while the LG4k takes almost double that. I'm wondering if there's something software-wise here to make it wake up quicker. @joevt do you have experience and/or knowledge on attempting to make waking from sleep quicker on Hackintosh?

So I found a fix for the TV app. I needed to create a new admin user and set up the account. After that I can log with my apple-id in and see the shows.

Yep! That worked for me too!

Back