Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

No don't tell me...
So basically when I install MacOS on a hackintosh the configuration skips that check?

And indeed, once downloaded the problem was solved.
Thanks so much!!

No the certificates just expired on October 24th...

Running without any issues after updating WhateverGreen (also had no display when updating without).

Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 21.47.56.png

Please try this EFI.
Nope, doesn't change much.
Sleep works.
Wakeup from blutooth Magic Keyboard also, but displays stay dark and no network connectivity (no idea what the computer is doing). Only possible thing is to power cycle.

Sleep works.
Wakeup from blutooth Magic Keyboard also, but displays stay dark and no network connectivity (no idea what the computer is doing). Only possible thing is to power cycle.

I am assuming that you know network is down because you try to ping or connect to it from another computer?

I don't know what else to try... It sounds exactly like what I was experiencing when I had my Radeon VII installed on this motherboard, but it worked fine with my Vega...

Sleep works.

Please try and see if you have the same wake issues in Windows.

A small favor - when you boot in Clover with VirtualSMC 1.09, do you also add in AptioInputFix.efi and UsbKbDxe.efi to enable File Vault? And with VirtualSMC 1.09, it's working? Anything else required for File Vault on Clover?

In open core, do you load the same? Because I would think you would load Fwruntimeservices as opposed to AptioInputfix and then do you load usbkbdxe.efi there as well?

A small favor - when you boot in Clover with VirtualSMC 1.09, do you also add in AptioInputFix.efi and UsbKbDxe.efi to enable File Vault? And with VirtualSMC 1.09, it's working? Anything else required for File Vault on Clover?

In open core, do you load the same? Because I would think you would load Fwruntimeservices as opposed to AptioInputfix and then do you load usbkbdxe.efi there as well?

I fixed FileVault on Catalina 10.15.1 + Clover by changing from the drivers included with the Clover installer with a hodgepodge of drivers from Acidanthera. You can see the ones I used in EFI r5.1.5 on post #1. There are fewer drivers required than with the Clover set of drivers and it works with 10.15.1 whereas the Clover set didn't.

No, I use different set of drivers with OpenCore. With OpenCore, FileVault support is integrated in to OpenCore itself and FwRuntimeServices. AptioInputFix and/or usbkbdxe are both unnecessary with OpenCore.

Last edited:
I fixed FileVault on Catalina 10.15.1 + Clover by changing from the drivers included with the Clover installer with a hodgepodge of drivers from Acidanthera. You can see the ones I used in EFI r5.1.5 on post #1. There are fewer drivers required than with the Clover set of drivers and it works with 10.15.1 whereas the Clover set didn't.

No, I use different set of drivers with OpenCore. With OpenCore, FileVault support is integrated in to OpenCore itself and FwRuntimeServices. AptioInputFix and/or usbkbdxe are both unnecessary with OpenCore.

Oh geez, that's a really good reason to migrate to OpenCore.....and my Opencore works just fine. If only I could the booter to work properly with showing only the menu items I want it to show.......now I need to think about this.

Thanks!

Oh geez, that's a really good reason to migrate to OpenCore.....and my Opencore works just fine. If only I could the booter to work properly with showing only the menu items I want it to show.......now I need to think about this.

Thanks!

Yes, I think we will see the adoption of OpenCore advance more quickly with each new macOS release since the Acidanthera team no longer does verification of compatibility with Clover for their tools.

No the certificates just expired on October 24th...

But any certificate?
Does it mean any of the MacOS I have stored are unusable now and every year I have to download them again?

Back