Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I tried, but some ports that are not in the uia_exclude list do not work and as if they did not exist.

Please post your IORegistryExplorer output.

Once again 1000 times thank you. The upgrade worked fine with your proposed steps and I am in Catalina.

However, YouTube videos do not load at all, QuickTime can't play local video files (takes about 3 minutes to load the frame if I skip to some point in the video, but it still won't play the video) and Logic Pro is not outputting any audio.

is there something I did wrong during the update or something I am missing?

Interesting to know for others doing the update: I had to click the "preinstall boot" partition twice during the installation project. And now I have my windows, FileVault, recovery and normal boot again in my boot menu.

If you are using iMac18,x or iMac19,x system definition, you must have IGPU enabled in BIOS with dGPU set to be primary.

If you are using iMacPro1,1 system definition, you must have IGPU disabled in BIOS.

If you are using iMac18,x or iMac19,x system definition, you must have IGPU enabled in BIOS with dGPU set to be primary.

If you are using iMacPro1,1 system definition, you must have IGPU disabled in BIOS.

If I recall correctly, in the Clover Configuaror it said MacPro6,1.

Should I change this to iMac? Can I do that now and reboot? If so what should I change it to?

If I recall correctly, in the Clover Configuaror it said MacPro6,1.

Should I change this to iMac? Can I do that now and reboot? If so what should I change it to?

I've never used the MacPro6,1 system definition on any of my builds... If you are using MacPro6,1, you probably have to disable IGPU in BIOS and rename GFX0 to GFX1 or, better yet, disable IGPU and switch to iMacPro1,1.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't have a video card, I only use UHD 630 from my i7-9700

I don't have a video card, I only use UHD 630 from my i7-9700

Please try this one.

The two USB 2 ports in the rear are disabled.
One of the internal USB 2 headers are enabled.
All other USB ports in the rear should be working.
The internal USB 3 header is enabled.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.2 MB · Views: 100
I've never used the MacPro6,1 system definition on any of my builds... If you are using MacPro6,1, you probably have to disable IGPU in BIOS and rename GFX0 to GFX1 or, better yet, disable IGPU and switch to iMacPro1,1.

Ok so I mounted the EFI partition via Terminal and updated the config to iMac Pro 1,1 copying my Serials.

BIOS IGU was disabled anyway.

Rebooted, but still stuck with the same issue. About my Mac still shows Mac Pro, not iMacPro.

What am I missing?

Please try this one.

The two USB 2 ports in the rear are disabled.
One of the internal USB 2 headers are enabled.
All other USB ports in the rear should be working.
The internal USB 3 header is enabled.
Thank you for your obstinacy.
It's not working, the unlisted ports still don't work.
You've already done enough, I feel like you're having a bad Sunday.

Ok so I mounted the EFI partition via Terminal and updated the config to iMac Pro 1,1 copying my Serials.

BIOS IGU was disabled anyway.

Rebooted, but still stuck with the same issue. About my Mac still shows Mac Pro, not iMacPro.

What am I missing?

You will need to use new Serial, Board Serial, UUID if you change system definition.

Back