Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

My understanding, with USBInjectall we didn't need the port limit patches?

Derp. I figured it out. I didn't apply the patch before doing port discovery, then loaded the SSDTs... the patch had no effect. <facepalm />

Wrong. You still need to use the patches with USBInjectAll.

If you are using my EFI, it's all done for you.

I'm glad this thread still exists. I've been happily using my system (Z370, 8700K, RX580 Pulse) but it is still running High Sierra (10.13.2). Can I simply do a simple upgrade to Catalina via the App Store like with a normal Mac or is it more complicated?

Dark mode, etc. are nice features to have but if I need to spend time changing configurations or EFI files again I don't think it is worth the hassle...?!?

I'm glad this thread still exists. I've been happily using my system (Z370, 8700K, RX580 Pulse) but it is still running High Sierra (10.13.2). Can I simply do a simple upgrade to Catalina via the App Store like with a normal Mac or is it more complicated?

Dark mode, etc. are nice features to have but if I need to spend time changing configurations or EFI files again I don't think it is worth the hassle...?!?

1. Update the EFI folder.
  2. Update macOS.

I found that with Catalina some USB ports no longer work compared to Mojave.
Several SS ports are missing.
I tried the ports one by one and the ones not listed do not work (the internal SS03 and SS04 listed with Hackintool does not work).
I had excluded in config.plist (with high sierra and Mojave it worked):
Code:
uia_exclude = HS01; HS02; HS05; HS06; SS01, SS02, SS05, SS06; HS11; HS12; USR1; USR2
I also noticed that the USR1 have a different name: PRT1.
I am unable to understand the cause, I made 2 screenshots with Hackintool and IORegistry and they are almost the same.

hackintool.pngioreg.png

I found that with catalina some usb ports no longer work compared to mojave.
Several SS ports are missing.
I tried the ports one by one and the ones not listed do not work (the internal SS03 and SS04 listed with Hackintool do not work).
I had excluded in config.plist (with high sierra and mojave it worked):
Code:
uia_exclude = HS01; HS02; HS05; HS06; SS01, SS02, SS05, SS06; HS11; HS12; USR1; USR2
I also noticed that the USR1 have a different name: PRT1.
I am unable to understand the cause, I made 2 screenshots with Hackintool and IORegistry and they are almost the same.

View attachment 431593View attachment 431594

The PXSX ports on RP05 are from the ASM2142, not the Intel USB. You don't have to worry about these ports.

The exclude doesn't seem to be working.

If you want to redo your USB ports using Hackintool, you should remove the SSDT-USB file and enable the KextsToPatch to enable all the ports.

Thanks. What exactly do I have to update? Or do you have a guide somewhere for that as well? :)

1. Backup everything.
  2. Download the latest EFI folder.
  3. Open your existing config.plist with Clover Configurator.
  4. Copy your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID. (and uia_exclude= boot flag if you are using it)
  5. Open the config.plist in the new EFI folder.
  6. Paste in your Serial, Board Serial, UUID. (and uia_exclude= boot flag if you are using it)
  7. Save.
  8. Replace your old EFI folder with the new one in the EFI partition of your main system drive.
  9. Update to Catalina.

Wrong. You still need to use the patches with USBInjectAll.

If you are using my EFI, it's all done for you.
I'm not using your EFI, had some boot issues with it.
At any rate, I figured out my problems and got everything sorted. Everything seems to be working 100% now, USB ports and all. I had generated USB SSDTs, THEN applied the port limit patch. the patch had no effect because I couldn't discover all the USB ports that were available when doing the Hackintool map. Deleted the SSDT, applied the patch, rebooted, discovered all the ports I needed, THEN created the SSDT, then removed the patches. I'm going to do a "success" post for it once I can put together a cohesive write-up.

The PXSX ports on RP05 are from the ASM2142, not the Intel USB. You don't have to worry about these ports.

The exclude doesn't seem to be working.

If you want to redo your USB ports using Hackintool, you should remove the SSDT-USB file and enable the KextsToPatch to enable all the ports.
Thank you pastrychef for your time.
I deleted the SSDT-USB file but then I find it difficult to understand what I have to do.
I use Opencore and here perhaps with hackintool should I check which item?
Seems easy, but I still don't know how to use hackintool well, it's very powerful for doing damage.
patchtop.png

Thank you pastrychef for your time.
I deleted the SSDT-USB file but then I find it difficult to understand what I have to do.
I use Opencore and here perhaps with hackintool should I check which item?
Seems easy, but I still don't know how to use hackintool well, it's very powerful for doing damage.
View attachment 431646

Ah... I didin't know you are on OpenCore... OpenCore is very different from Clover. You can not simply add/remove aml or kexts files.

If you use the OpenCore EFI, you should leave all the files as I have them configured and just enter your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID. If you need to make changes to the USB configuration, you will have to:
  1. Add the 15 port limit patch config.plist.
  2. Remove the SSDT-USB.aml file from config.plist.
  3. Delete the SSDT-USB.aml file from /EFI/OC/ACPI/.
  4. Create your new SSDT-USB.aml.
  5. Copy the new SSDT-USB.aml to /EFI/OC/ACPI/.
  6. Add the SSDT-USB.aml to your config.plist.
  7. Remove the 15 port limit patch from config.plist.

All of this is much more complicated that doing it with Clover and editing config.plist should be done with Xcode, Plist Edit Pro, or a good text editor.

Back