Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

It is, and I removed the nVidia card. And I have DP1 selected in Internal GOP Configuration.
I disabled Fast Boot, to see if that has any effect, for the time being.

How is macOS running?

Did you try resetting the iCloud Keychain?

Thanks. I signed out of iCloud and signed back in. The warning seems to be gone now. May be more of a bug with Catalina than a Hackintosh.

How is macOS running?
Disabling Fast Boot seems to have fixed the no DisplayPort on boot. However, after running Multibeast and rebooting, my macOS partition is not shown in the Clover boot options. I also tried your EFI folder, same thing.
I'll tackle this tomorrow, have to head to bed now.

Disabling Fast Boot seems to have fixed the no DisplayPort on boot. However, after running Multibeast and rebooting, my macOS partition is not shown in the Clover boot options. I also tried your EFI folder, same thing.
I'll tackle this tomorrow, have to head to bed now.

If you use my EFI folder, there's absolutely no reason to use MultiBeast.

Please delete whatever Hackintosh kexts got installed to /Library/Extensions/.
Then replace the EFI folder in the EFI partition of your main system drive with the latest one found in post #1 of this thread.
Done.

Yes, I believe that's also how it shows for me. Just EC in Catalina.
This system is installed on an USB SSD.
I did the Supplemental update.
System was running fine.
Completed the update fine.
THEN I went to bed and left the system to sleep.
This motherboard expels USB devices during sleep so Catalina was stuck at wake from sleep.
After reboot Catalina doesn't work anymore AND
it shows 2 partitions:
MacOS
MacOS - Data

and some of the stuff is in one partition, the other half in the other partition..
what the heck is this MacOS - Data partition??
Ohhh Nooo...I've read now Catalina has the system segregated in a different partition.

Last edited:
This system is installed on an USB SSD.
I did the Supplemental update.
System was running fine.
Completed the update fine.
THEN I went to bed and left the system to sleep.
This motherboard expels USB devices during sleep so Catalina was stuck at wake from sleep.
After reboot Catalina doesn't work anymore AND
it shows 2 partitions:
MacOS
MacOS - Data

and some of the stuff is in one partition, the other half in the other partition..
what the heck is this MacOS - Data partition??
Ohhh Nooo...I've read now Catalina has the system segregated in a different partition.

Yes, the system files are in a protected partition.

If you use my EFI folder, there's absolutely no reason to use MultiBeast.

Please delete whatever Hackintosh kexts got installed to /Library/Extensions/.
Then replace the EFI folder in the EFI partition of your main system drive with the latest one found in post #1 of this thread.
Done.
The problem I had with your files, I was using an EFI for Mojave when I was trying to install High Sierra.... d'oh! I DL'ed your High Sierra EFI, and removed the extra kexts from /L/E... voila! Everything works a treat!

But, wait for it....

I tried to download Mojave from said new Hack build, and got the wee teeny stub installer. I followed the guides on here to get the full installer... that seemed to work. DL'ed the Mojave Unibeast, made a new install USB, rebooted... install failed with the crossed-through circle stop sign before it even got to the Install screen.

The problem I had with your files, I was using an EFI for Mojave when I was trying to install High Sierra.... d'oh! I DL'ed your High Sierra EFI, and removed the extra kexts from /L/E... voila! Everything works a treat!

But, wait for it....

I tried to download Mojave from said new Hack build, and got the wee teeny stub installer. I followed the guides on here to get the full installer... that seemed to work. DL'ed the Mojave Unibeast, made a new install USB, rebooted... install failed with the crossed-through circle stop sign before it even got to the Install screen.

Please boot in verbose mode and post a picture of where it stops.

I recently upgraded to Catalina and been getting KPs after wake from sleep. They seem to be caused by some audio issue (I'm using AppleALC v1.4.2 and mostly mirrored your EFI/Clover settings).

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80010290b7): "AppleHDAHDMI_DPDriver::setPowerState(0xffffff804d2b4400 : 0xffffff7f83f73730, 0 -> 1) timed out after 10165 ms"@/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-6153.11.26/iokit/Kernel/IOServicePM.cpp:5302

Hey @pastrychef

an update on this, in case you want to consider it for your EFI folder. vit9696 had a look at it and provided a kernel patch as a workaround. Several users seem to face this panic on wake, under Catalina.

Find: 63 6F 6D 2E 61 70 70 6C 65 00 5F 5F 6B 65 72 6E 65 6C 5F 5F 00 Repl: 6E 6F 74 2E 61 70 70 6C 65 00 5F 5F 6B 65 72 6E 65 6C 5F 5F 00

I think that your use of iMacPro SMBIOS and having your iGPU disabled(?) might have prevented this from surfacing.

It might also be helpful in the first post of the main Catalina thread as a potential problem warning.

Back