Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

macOS Catalina 10.15 (19A602) Supplemental Update 1 up and running.

In the middle of the update, your screen may go blank, leave it alone and let the update finish. At the end, system may seem like it's unresponsive. If nothing happens after 10 minutes, just press the reset button. Both my Asus Z370-G and Gigabyte Z390 M exhibited same behavior.

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 5.41.19 PM.png

@pastrychef

New (released today) supplemental update for Catalina....thought you might want to know (just in case you didn't already know....) Some of the fixes in it are related to the issues that some have with finishing upgrading....

@pastrychef

New (released today) supplemental update for Catalina....thought you might want to know (just in case you didn't already know....) Some of the fixes in it are related to the issues that some have with finishing upgrading....

Please see post above yours. Lol

I finished updating both my Z370 and Z390 already. :lol:

Not sure if you are old enough to remember Maxwell Smart....."missed it my this much"....!

Not sure if you are old enough to remember Maxwell Smart....."missed it by that much"....!
That was a funny mid 1960s comedy. Parody of the James Bond movies. 99 was funny too. The relationship between the Chief and 86 (Maxwell) was also somewhat taken from the Pink Panther movies with Inspector Clousseau.

1571186401906.png

Last edited:
Hi @pastrychef ,
I've been out of the Hackintosh game for a while... I got frustrated with my last system having issues and went back to Windows. Now, I have a hankering to give it another go. I've read about 30 or so pages of the nearly 800 on this thread, and re-read your 1st post about 1/2 dozen times. I'm wondering how much (if any) of what you've done & posted here in the way of files & folders will work with my setup? The one area where I will likely diverge is using Hackintool to map all the USB ports that I'm using. I have a ROX STRIX Z270G with an i7-7700 and 64GB of RAM. I plan on using the internal HD630 via DisplayPort. Also, I'm starting with High Sierra, because my 2010 MacBook Pro is not compatible with Mojave and can't download the installer.

Hi @pastrychef ,
I've been out of the Hackintosh game for a while... I got frustrated with my last system having issues and went back to Windows. Now, I have a hankering to give it another go. I've read about 30 or so pages of the nearly 800 on this thread, and re-read your 1st post about 1/2 dozen times. I'm wondering how much (if any) of what you've done & posted here in the way of files & folders will work with my setup? The one area where I will likely diverge is using Hackintool to map all the USB ports that I'm using. I have a ROX STRIX Z270G with an i7-7700 and 64GB of RAM. I plan on using the internal HD630 via DisplayPort. Also, I'm starting with High Sierra, because my 2010 MacBook Pro is not compatible with Mojave and can't download the installer.

I think my EFI will work fine for you. You may need to add SSDT-EC.aml to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/, but other than that, I don't foresee any other issues.

Attachments

• SSDT-EC.aml
    63 bytes · Views: 50
Great! Thanks! What is the EC file for?

Also I should add I'm going to use the Intel Ethernet and a Wifi bridge.

It's part of USB power management. I don't know if your motherboard has EC0, so I don't know if the rename in my config.plist is enough get you past the hurdle. Adding the SSDT assures it won't be an issue for you.

Intel Ethernet is not a problem. If by Wi-Fi bridge, you mean Wi-Fi to Ethernet bridge, that shouldn't be a problem since it won't require drivers. If you want to use Wi-Fi without a bridge, I always like to stick with Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards that Apple used.

Back