Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Did you make a direct update or clean install with a USB installer?

I did a clean install from USB this time. But there's no reason why updating won't work.

I just remembered why it's been about 13 years since I've done a clean install... I've been at it for hours and still am not done getting everything back to the way I like things or installing my apps and digging for old serial numbers...

:banghead:

Last edited:
Hi Chef,

I just upgraded from 10.14.5 -> 10.15 … I have now a crash while booting.
In kernel extensions backtrace I see com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIFamily(290.0.1) and com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort(999.50.2) any idea what to adjust to boot?

Hi Chef,

I just upgraded from 10.14.5 -> 10.15 … I have now a crash while booting.
In kernel extensions backtrace I see com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIFamily(290.0.1) and com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort(999.50.2) any idea what to adjust to boot?

My guess is it has something to do with your SATA.

I just remembered why it's been about 13 years since I've done a clean install... I've been at it for hours and still am not done getting everything back to the way like things or installing my apps and digging for old serial numbers...

:banghead:
First time I used the direct install method. But I didn't want to make a clean install before the Adobe release new apps. I understand how you feel now probably I will feel the same soon. ;)

Back