Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I finally had a bit of time to install my i5-9400F and my Vega 56 in to my Z370-G and it's back up and running.

As I expected, the i5-9400F is a really good bargain. ~5400 single core and ~22500 multi core Geekbench 4 results @ only ~$130. Sure, it doesn't have an IGPU, but I've been using iMacPro1,1 system definition anyway.

I'm ready for Catalina Golden Master.

Hi @pastrychef

I'm about to get a Radeon VII (Sapphire) to change my GA-VEGA RX64 OC. Can you post me (or link me any old relevant post) how to correctly configure it? We share the same family of Asus motherboard: I have a Z370 Prime A II ... so, hopefully, I should have everything working, included sleep/wake. Am I correct?

Hi @pastrychef

I'm about to get a Radeon VII (Sapphire) to change my GA-VEGA RX64 OC. Can you post me (or link me any old relevant post) how to correctly configure it? We share the same family of Asus motherboard: I have a Z370 Prime A II ... so, hopefully, I should have everything working, included sleep/wake. Am I correct?

If you are using my EFI folder, just pull out your current video card, plug in the Radeon VII, and you are done.

If you are using my EFI folder, just pull out your current video card, plug in the Radeon VII, and you are done.
no other code in Devices section of Clover? or kext with VGAtab-en.app?

no other code in Devices section of Clover? or kext with VGAtab-en.app?

Nothing. If you are currently using VGTab, you can delete it when you install your Radeon VII.

Nothing. If you are currently using VGTab, you can delete it when you install your Radeon VII.

Thank you! Real OOB, WOW! ... Installed just now. I can confirm everything is working, including sleep/wake (I made it manually to test, I will make some more tests later). MB Asus Z370 Prime A II with BIOS v. 1202 .

Hey there, @pastrychef:

I was toying with the idea of having some fun - as in having some of us guess what day Catalina will be released on.

My guess is October 4 OR next Monday night/Tuesday morning (Oct. 7th or 8th)......

Think this would be fun? What forum to post it in?

Hey there, @pastrychef:

I was toying with the idea of having some fun - as in having some of us guess what day Catalina will be released on.

My guess is October 4 OR next Monday night/Tuesday morning (Oct. 7th or 8th)......

Think this would be fun? What forum to post it in?

You can start a poll in the polls section. My guess is 8th. Lol

Yup. I tried everything. Latest BIOS on everything. Older BIOS. RMA'ed the video card twice. It just won't wake with the combination of Z370-G and Radeon VII. Every other video card I've tried has no problems with wake on the Z370-G, including Vega 56 Reference, Vega 56 Red Dragon, RX 560, GT 640.

The same Radeon VII wakes up fine on my Z390 motherboard...

Would you eventually support Z370 or Z390? A Lot of people bought the Z370 because of your support for it. Is Z390 compatible with 8xxx CPUs as well?

Back