Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Long time no talk! I followed your guide and the system has been running wonderfully.

I recently updated Clover to 5.5.0.0 under 10.13.6. I also updated Clover on the EFI partition, and it borked the system. I used UniBeast to make a USB installer on another Mac to get back to my desktop on the borked system, and I replaced my borked EFI partition with the efi-unified-4-3-2-high-sierra-zip you added to the bottom of your original post.

All seems back to normal, except the Clover installed in your EFI folder build is r4674. I'm unable to locate an installer online with this build. Thus, The Clover Configurator at the OS level sees a mismatch ("Error the version of clover-genconfig didn't match current booted clover version"...and I can't make any changes [for starters, Clover doesn't default to the correct boot volume when it loads, so I need to manually select the correct Boot volume])

Is there another build I can use? Apologies if this should go elsewhere. Thanks!

Did you try using an older version of Clover Configurator?

Did you try using an older version of Clover Configurator?
I certainly could, but I havent found configurator 4674, and I'm not sure what earlier than 5.5.0.0 versions would be compatible. As I cant find 4674, I'm kind of gun shy to find another version that would need to rev the boot loader to be in sync...and bork the EFI folder again.

I certainly could, but I havent found configurator 4674, and I'm not sure what earlier than 5.5.0.0 versions would be compatible. As I cant find 4674, I'm kind of gun shy to find another version that would need to rev the boot loader to be in sync...and bork the EFI folder again.

Please try this one.

Attachments

• Clover Configurator Vibrant.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 63
Thanks!

Alas, no. This is 4.61.0.0. Generating a config yields:
Error the version of clover-genconfig didn't match current booted clover version
len=2944 sizeof=3080
64 bit generator

Thanks!

Alas, no. This is 4.61.0.0. Generating a config yields:
Error the version of clover-genconfig didn't match current booted clover version
len=2944 sizeof=3080
64 bit generator

Here's the oldest one I could find...

Attachments

• CCV.zip
    3 MB · Views: 55
Same results..."Error the version of clover-genconfig didn't match current booted clover version"

I'll have to just roll the dice and upgrade the EFI bootloader and the configurator version.

Is there a version you recommend for 10.13.6? 5.5.0.0 was the one that borked things.

Thanks again!

Same results..."Error the version of clover-genconfig didn't match current booted clover version"

I'll have to just roll the dice and upgrade the EFI bootloader and the configurator version.

Is there a version you recommend for 10.13.6? 5.5.0.0 was the one that borked things.

Thanks again!

I don't know. I always keep going forward with the latest version of macOS and Clover...

You can always edit your config.plist with Xcode, Plist Edit Pro, or a text editor.

Is it normal to have more than 10C degree difference in temperature reading from the ioreg command and istats/hwmonitor?

tempdiff.png

Is it normal to have more than 10C degree difference in temperature reading from the ioreg command and istats/hwmonitor?

View attachment 428111

I'm not sure...

Using the terminal command yields no temperature reading for my Radeon VII. However, I do get a GPU temp reading in iStat Menu. To me, this implies that they are getting different readings. If this is true, then it wouldn't be surprising to see different temps.

does airplay work with the iMacPro1,1 system definition ?

Back