Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

If/when that happens, you can always revert to iMac19,1 system definition.

For now, in my opinion, iMacPro1,1 works better. Even DRM content is working. I was not able to get DRM working reliably using iMac19,1 system definition.
DRM...? Through iTunes?

What difference would it make to use iMac Pro vs Mac Pro in the SMBIOS?

Hi, the OpenCore log files are used to understand what is not working properly at startup, but once everything is working you can also disable it.
I got error messages (OpenCore Bug) with the following strings:
Code:
00:000 00:000 OC: Setting NVRAM 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:nvda_drv - Not Found
06:593 06:593 Dependency com.apple.iokit.IOHIDSystem fallback to com.apple.iokit.IOHIDSystem succeeded. Please fix your kext!
06:625 00:032 Dependency com.apple.iokit.IOHIDSystem fallback to com.apple.iokit.IOHIDSystem succeeded. Please fix your kext!
The first one refers to Nvidia WebDrivers, for those who don't use them can be solved by setting 0 (disabled).
NVRAM -->Add -->7C436110....C9F82 -->nvda_drv (Class Number) 0
OC nvda_drv.png
For IOHIDSystem it refers to VoodooPS2Controller.kext, for those who do not use it can be removed:
Kexts folder (EFI/OC/Kexts) delete VoodooPS2Controller.kext and delete the following strings from Kernel --> Add --> 1; 2; 3; 4
IOHIDSystem.png
Finally, those who do not want to generate the *opencore-YYYY-MM-DD-HHMMSS.txt* file on root of EFI partition:
Misc --> Debug -->Target 0
OC target.png

Hello Pastrychef.
I'm thinking of upgrading my 960 Evo to a 970 Evo since it's the price is a lot more attractive. The following quote only applies to the "Plus" version of the SSD right?

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD w/Heatsink
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147691&cm_re=samsung_970_evo-_-20-147-691-_-Product
*Note: Avoid Samsung PM981 and 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSDs. These two particular SSDs do not work well with macOS. PM1725a has also been reported to have issues with macOS.

Hello Pastrychef.
I'm thinking of upgrading my 960 Evo to a 970 Evo since it's the price is a lot more attractive. The following quote only applies to the "Plus" version of the SSD right?

Yes, only the "Plus" version has issues. Not worth the headache when there are so many NVMe SSDs on the market that work without problems.

Hi! I was wondering if we can update OpenCore EFI to 0.5 by just merging the files with your OpenCore EFI 0.4 and replace the config.plist with our own?

I believe there were some changes to OpenCore 0.5.0 that would necessitate changes to the config.plist to work.

I'll be checking out OpenCore 0.5.0 once I'm convinced that I have my Gigabyte Z390 M runnings stable enough for 24/7 operation. I'm close...

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 11.23.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 11.24.31 AM.png

I believe there were some changes to OpenCore 0.5.0 that would necessitate changes to the config.plist to work.

I'll be checking out OpenCore 0.5.0 once I'm convinced that I have my Gigabyte Z390 M runnings stable enough for 24/7 operation. I'm close...

View attachment 427118
View attachment 427119

Ok, thank you, that sounds great. Actually OpenCore EFI point 4 is really stable, and I don't think anyone "needs" to update right now. It's more of a wish to stay up to date in order to face Catalina update without worries. Not that I "know" there will be any problem with point 4.

Back