Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thanks for your reply.
I had run into those threads. Unluckily they don't come to a definite answer.
Thing is on other motherboards, with the same MacOS version, same FCPX version the process runs without issues.
I'll do a fresh install, fresh FCPX and see if it has any issues.

What about plug-ins? Are they the same on both?

I started using opencore with your efi, everything seems to be working fine. I'm noting with opencore about the info that the processor doesn't match my current one. When starting the resolution with the apple does not immediately fit. Does it happen to you too?

1.jpg2.jpgclover.pngOpenCore.png

I started using opencore with your efi, everything seems to be working fine. I'm noting with opencore about the info that the processor doesn't match my current one. When starting the resolution with the apple does not immediately fit. Does it happen to you too?

View attachment 426193View attachment 426194View attachment 426195View attachment 426196

Yes, the resolution changes a bit later.

I didn't even look at About This Mac.... Since it's just cosmetic, I never really worry about it.

Doesn't make sense... Do you get any crash logs?
I haven't looked for any crash log, but there's no crush. Just a slowing down once you use Final Cut. The slowing down leads to a hung up but you need to force quit to close the app. Sometimes the memory usage is so high the system itself hangs up. Should I look for something in the Console?

I haven't looked for any crash log, but there's no crush. Just a slowing down once you use Final Cut. The slowing down leads to a hung up but you need to force quit to close the app. Sometimes the memory usage is so high the system itself hangs up. Should I look for something in the Console?

Hmm... I don't know how to troubleshoot this...

I still haven't even attempted to get OpenCore working on my Z390 motherboard...

I have found OpenCore to be very unforgiving in terms of using configurations from different systems/motherboards. I am also anticipating a good deal of difficulty configuring OpenCore for my Z390 which is why I've been dragging my feet...

I have no idea why your system had difficulty loading configuration. When dealing with OpenCore, remember that any changes in kexts will probably require changes to the config.plist. Also, if/when you edit your config.plist, make sure to use either Xcode or Plist Edit Pro.

Make the switch to opencore 0.5.0 on my hack (see signature). Apart of the BIG Apple logo while booting all is good with a minimal config (emulated nvram via LogoutHook, also bluetooth and wifi with the DW1560). Everything is working well. About the loading of kext... they need to be put in the config.plist in a certain order or you will have problems (talking about the DW1560 here).

EDIT: Not DW1830 but 1560

Last edited:
Make the switch to opencore 0.5.0 on my hack (see signature). Apart of the BIG Apple logo while booting all is good with a minimal config (emulated nvram via LogoutHook, also bluetooth and wifi with the DW1830). Everything is working well. About the loading of kext... they need to be put in the config.plist in a certain order or you will have problems (talking about the DW1830 here).

Please post your OpenCore EFI.

I haven't tried 0.5.0 yet, but 0.4.0 ran perfectly.

Yes, I know about the kext order. You can see my OpenCore EFI attached to post #1.

Back