Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Updated my OpenCore EFI folder to Alpha 2.

Changes:
  • FileVault working now.
  • PS2 keyboard and mice work now.
  • Updated drivers.
  • Beautified the icons.

You can find it on post #7366.

Last edited:
Things are basically OK, except for one issue: my external USB 3 enclosure will drop off once or twice a day... then remount. I've tried hubs, PCIe cards, right into the MOBO. Different ports on the mobo. Swapped enclosures and cables. Regardless of what hardware tweaks I make, it still happens. Maybe once every 12 hours or so.

I have limited my USB ports to 15, using a SSDT_USB.aml.

Any suggestions? 10.14.6.

Things are basically OK, except for one issue: my external USB 3 enclosure will drop off once or twice a day... then remount. I've tried hubs, PCIe cards, right into the MOBO. Different ports on the mobo. Swapped enclosures and cables. Regardless of what hardware tweaks I make, it still happens. Maybe once every 12 hours or so.

I have limited my USB ports to 15, using a SSDT_USB.aml.

Any suggestions? 10.14.6.

Do you have the SSDT-USBX.aml file installed for USB power injection?

Don't understand the question: what is "USB Power Injection"? I made the file at your suggestion instead of injecting via config.plist (attached.)

Please see here:

Please see here:
Thanks. I made the needed changes. Now it's just wait-and-see if the drives drop off again or not.
Appreciate your help.

Bummer. Dropped off and came back on again. Only down for about 2 seconds, but a miss is as good... etc...

I updated to Clover 2.4 r5045 (from 2.4 r4961) to see if that has any effect.

later... some questions:

1)OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi was required for my rig under r4961. I've continued to use it. OK?

2) I have a driver named PartitionDxe-64. Keep it?

Update to 2.4.5045 at least boots....

Comments welcomed! Thanks

Last edited:
When I moved to 2.4 r5045, I simply pulled my old config.plist (from r4961) and dropped it in.

I saved the new one that Clover installer made when I installed r5045, just in case.

Looking at them, they are -vastly- different.

So the first question is: should I continue using my previous config.plist? (at least it boots :)

Next, I noticed that the graphics section is much larger on the new one, but one thing has me curious: theFBName.
New config:
<key>#FBName</key>
<string>Makakakakala</string>

Previous config:
<key>FBName</key>
<string>Kamarang</string>

Do these names have any effect on how the OS treats the card? Kamarang was in use in my old 580 and now I'm on a Vega 64.

So: is that the right name for a Vega 64 under a Mac 19,1 and OS 10.14.6?

Better yet, (teach a man to fish...) how do I find the right name and setup for my card?

OK even Better YET : does guru care to look at both the new and previous config.plists and see if there are any obvious glaring errors?

When I moved to 2.4 r5045, I simply pulled my old config.plist (from r4961) and dropped it in.

I saved the new one that Clover installer made when I installed r5045, just in case.

Looking at them, they are -vastly- different.

So the first question is: should I continue using my previous config.plist? (at least it boots :)

Next, I noticed that the graphics section is much larger on the new one, but one thing has me curious: theFBName.
New config:
<key>#FBName</key>
<string>Makakakakala</string>

Previous config:
<key>FBName</key>
<string>Kamarang</string>

Do these names have any effect on how the OS treats the card? Kamarang was in use in my old 580 and now I'm on a Vega 64.

So: is that the right name for a Vega 64 under a Mac 19,1 and OS 10.14.6?

Better yet, (teach a man to fish...) how do I find the right name and setup for my card?

OK even Better YET : does guru care to look at both the new and previous config.plists and see if there are any obvious glaring errors?

You shouldn't inject framebuffer unless it's absolutely necessary. I have mine blank. Also, Kamarang for RX 580 is wrong.

See here for more info about the framebuffers. (Again, best to leave it blank):

Make sure you have your Clover drivers installed in the correct location. They made some major changes recently.

Thanks. I did completely delete my EFI folder and use the Clover installer against a blank disk. I figured that would place things where they go.
Sorry about the wrong FB thing. (I got it on TonyMac :( )

I'll try simply deleting the reference to it in my plist.

(Wow: 284 pages and counting... that will be fun to look thru ;-) OTOH, the last update there was 2017, and the z390 boards are newer than that. Not sure how far to trust what's there with newer hardware.)

Back