Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I am also on BIOS 2401. My system is very stable.

I have never tried downgrading BIOS and don't know how to do it on this motherboard.

Also, please update your profile to show motherboard, CPU, and GPU.
And what are the settings of the fans and the cooling system in the BIOS?

And what are the settings of the fans and the cooling system in the BIOS?

I currently have all my fans set to the standard default settings in BIOS. But I've also set them to turbo in the past if I know I'll be stressing the system.

Does your computer case have enough cooling?

Weird... Please try the Combo Update.
Unfortunately with the Combo Update I have not solved, so I completely reinstalled from the beginning, but the problem remains. It could also be my audio system (very old). What do you recommend for a new good audio system compatible with our customac (2-way system is sufficient for me, not necessarily 7.1) without spending too much?

Unfortunately with the Combo Update I have not solved, so I completely reinstalled from the beginning, but the problem remains. It could also be my audio system (very old). What do you recommend for a new good audio system compatible with our customac (2-way system is sufficient for me, not necessarily 7.1) without spending too much?

If it's still showing "headphones" after a clean install, it's likely something is wrong with your EFI folder.

Please post your EFI folder.

If it's still showing "headphones" after a clean install, it's likely something is wrong with your EFI folder.

Please post your EFI folder.
Thank you for your time

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31.8 MB · Views: 71
Thank you for your time

You need to disable one more USB port here:
Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 12.30.41 PM.png

Please consult the image of the USB ports in post #1 to choose which port to disable.

Please try this config.plist to see if it helps with your audio problem.

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
You need to disable one more USB port here:
View attachment 421266

Please consult the image of the USB ports in post #1 to choose which port to disable.

Please try this config.plist to see if it helps with your audio problem.
You are really great :clap::clap::clap:
Thank you so much, it works, internal speakers are back :D
I added SS01 and SS02 that I didn't use

I currently have all my fans set to the standard default settings in BIOS. But I've also set them to turbo in the past if I know I'll be stressing the system.

Does your computer case have enough cooling?
Yes. Recommend all the software to check the entire computer overclocking. I will check the temperature and understand what is wrong ...

Yes. Recommend all the software to check the entire computer overclocking. I will check the temperature and understand what is wrong ...

First, make sure everything is running stable without any overclock.

Once you are sure everything is stable, you can test overclock stability with Prime95. Select "Torture Test" and use the following settings. Let it run for about 2 hours or more. If your CPU does not throttle and there are no crashes, your CPU should be pretty stable.

Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 8.32.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 8.32.34 PM.png

Attachments

• Prime95-MacOSX-266.zip
    4 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
First, make sure everything is running stable without any overclock.

Once you are sure everything is stable, you can test overclock stability with Prime95. Select "Torture Test" and use the following settings. Let it run for about 2 hours or more. If your CPU does not throttle and there are no crashes, your CPU should be pretty stable.

View attachment 421307

View attachment 421308
Tested in stock (without AVX - prime95 WINDOWS). When loaded, it resets frequencies from 4.8 to 4.1. In the program "Intel Extreme Tuning Utilities" shows the parameter POWER LIMIT THROTTLING. But in the beginning it runs prime95 at full 48-49 and fan speeds 1400 RPM (Noctua NH-D15S x2 fan). I can test forever, temperature 60 degrees

After resetting the BIOS, reboots stopped. And the problems were in stock

Last edited:
Back