Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Just one last question to clarify something. When you were using iMac19,1 SMBIOS your minimum idle frequency was 1.3GHz with i9-9900k?

Yes. Please see post #6789.

If you want better power management, don't use iMac19,x system definition.

Yes. Please see post #6789.

If you want better power management, don't use iMac19,x system definition.

So this means this guide is outdated now? Because it suggest to use iMac19,x for i9-9900k to have native PM.

So this means this guide is outdated now? Because it suggest to use iMac19,x for i9-9900k to have native PM.

I don't know. I didn't write that guide...

Has anyone managed to get Netflix running in Safari and with other smbios like iMacPro1,1? I have a Coffe Lake CPU and a AMD RX580. Netflix in Safari works only with smbios imacPro1,1 with my hardware.

If you have to reconfigure your USB, the easiest way would probably to do the following:
  1. Remove your current SSDT-USB.aml file.
  2. Add the current, working KextsToPatches to enable all your USB ports.
  3. Use Hackintool to re-configure your USB ports. (I wrote some instructions here.)

Or, if you previously used the "uia-exclude=" method, just modify your config.plist.

Thanks. Are USB 3.1 gen 2 / USB C ports included in the 15 port limit? I'm reading they are controlled by a different chip. I have one of each on my board.

EDIT
Here's the specs from ASUS. It says the USB Gen 2 ports are controlled by ASMedia controller. Standard USB is the Intel controller.

So can I have 17 ports (15+ 2 Gen 2 ports)?

Thanks. Are USB 3.1 gen 2 / USB C ports included in the 15 port limit? I'm reading they are controlled by a different chip. I have one of each on my board.

EDIT
Here's the specs from ASUS. It says the USB Gen 2 ports are controlled by ASMedia controller. Standard USB is the Intel controller.

So can I have 17 ports (15+ 2 Gen 2 ports)?

On Z370, USB 3.1 gen 2 are on separate ASMedia controllers and NOT counted towards the USB 15 port limit.

Yes, 17.

On Z370, USB 3.1 gen 2 are on separate ASMedia controllers and NOT counted towards the USB 15 port limit.

Yes, 17.
Ok cool. And with Hackintool I simply just indicate the port is USB C or 3.1? Or does that even matter since it’s a different controller?

Ok cool. And with Hackintool I simply just indicate the port is USB C or 3.1? Or does that even matter since it’s a different controller?

You don't have to do anything for the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports.

Back