Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I no longer see "uia_exclude=" anywhere. Am I losing my mind?
thx

You need to add it yourself. Different configurations will need different ports excluded.

Hi @pastrychef I really like your setup, great job
I have one doubt and I need your "doctor" advice...
Would you recommend for graphic (I will use it mainly for video editing, FCPX)
2 x vega 56
2 x vega 64
or
Radeon VII

I would really appreciate your advice, pls help

I'm not a FCPX user... But, based on the BruceX benchmarks I've seen, Vega 56 offers much more "bang for the buck" than Vega 64. On average, I see Vega 64 users report ~12 seconds and Vega 56 users ~14 seconds for BruceX.

Radeon VII support still isn't quite fully optimized yet and BruceX scores seem to be about the same as the Vegas. I suspect that it will improve when the new Mac Pros are released. By how much is anyone's guess...

I'm not a FCPX user... But, based on the BruceX benchmarks I've seen, Vega 56 offers much more "bang for the buck" than Vega 64. On average, I see Vega 64 users report ~12 seconds and Vega 56 users ~14 seconds for BruceX.

Radeon VII support still isn't quite fully optimized yet and BruceX scores seem to be about the same as the Vegas. I suspect that it will improve when the new Mac Pros are released. By how much is anyone's guess...
thanks for your answer it solves a lots of doubt.. I will go with Vega 56... cheers
ps If you ever come to Split-Croatia feel free to call me for a beer :D

@pastrychef Small update: the backup is still ongoing and will be going for at least 14 more hours, but so far it haven't crashed. I've also noticed, that network seems to be usable and stable and so far no BT devices stuttering so, fingers crossed, the stability of the whole system is hugely improved! I'll come back with the final report as the backups finishes and I put the machine under some workload stress.

Hello @pastrychef could you please take a look? I'm encountering the same problems with many tries. Want to learn how to fix this. Thanks!

Build Parts:

CPU: i5 9400F
MB: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX
GPU: ROG RX570 4g strix
RAM: Micron Ballistix Sports LT 16g*2
SSD1: Intel 760p 512g m2 PCIe (for MacOS)
SSD2: Intel 660p 1TB m2 PCIe (for WinOS)
HDD: Toshiba 2.5" 2TB*2
Chasis: Node 202
PWR: Corsair SF-450 SFX

Bios settings:

VT-d - Disabled
XHCI Hand-off - Enabled
Security Device Support - Disabled

What I’ve tried:

1. Solely put on Intel 660p 1TB m2 PCIe, installed Windows 10 to test run hardware
2. Remove 660p and put on Intel 760p 512g m2 PCIe for High Sierra install
3. Fresh install with High Sierra installer in USB 3.0 16g stick created by Clover 8.3.1 (Failed - stuck on Apple logo with full loading bar). Went in to verbose mode in the same set and get the message “AppleNVMe Assert failed…”
4. Fresh install with High Sierra installer in USB 2.0 8g stick created by Clover 8.1.0 (Failed - boot into clover without High Sierra install option)
5. Fresh install with Mojave installer in USB 3.0 16g stick created by Clover 8.3.1 with generated SNs (Failed - stuck on Apple logo with full loading bar)
6. Rolled back the BIOS from v4.0 to v1.6 as @rj510 suggested
7. Fresh install with High Sierra installer in USB 3.0 16g stick created by Clover 8.3.1 (Failed - stuck on Apple logo with full loading bar). Went in to verbose mode in the same set and get the message “AppleNVMe Assert failed…”
8. Fresh install with High Sierra installer in USB 3.0 32g stick created by the alternative method you suggest with Terminal and pasted EFI Unified 4.3.2 (High Sierra) files in to EFI partition (Failed - stuck on Apple logo with full loading bar). Went in to verbose mode in the same and get the message “AppleNVMe Assert failed…”
9. Change Intel 760p 512g m2 PCIe to different m2 socket
10. Fresh install with High Sierra installer in USB 3.0 32g stick created by the alternative method you suggest with Terminal and pasted EFI Unified 4.3.2 (High Sierra) files in to EFI partition (Failed - stuck on Apple logo with full loading bar). Went in to verbose mode in the same and get the message “AppleNVMe Assert failed…”

(Without verbose the stick would boot into Apple logo and loading bar but extremely slow, takes about 15-30 mins then stuck on with full bar.)

----------------------------------

It seems that I need to fix the NVMe issue so I followed @CaseySJ method from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...led-asrock-z390-9700k-970pro-nvme-m-2.267778/

Tried the following one at a time but still no luck:
AptioMemoryFix-drv
OsxAptioFixDrv.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi
OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drc-free2000.efi

Is there anyway to fix this? Couldn't figure out how to solve this. (Planning on 'seeding' from my working High Sierra build as soon as I get the NVMe adapter as the last resort...)

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_5937.JPG
    IMG_5937.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3313.JPG
    IMG_3313.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 76
Hello @pastrychef could you please take a look? I'm encountering the same problems with many tries. Want to learn how to fix this. Thanks!

Build Parts:

CPU: i5 9400F
MB: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX
GPU: ROG RX570 4g strix
RAM: Micron Ballistix Sports LT 16g*2
SSD1: Intel 760p 512g m2 PCIe (for MacOS)
SSD2: Intel 660p 1TB m2 PCIe (for WinOS)
HDD: Toshiba 2.5" 2TB*2
Chasis: Node 202
PWR: Corsair SF-450 SFX

Bios settings:

VT-d - Disabled
XHCI Hand-off - Enabled
Security Device Support - Disabled

What I’ve tried:

1. Solely put on Intel 660p 1TB m2 PCIe, installed Windows 10 to test run hardware
2. Remove 660p and put on Intel 760p 512g m2 PCIe for High Sierra install
3. Fresh install with High Sierra installer in USB 3.0 16g stick created by Clover 8.3.1 (Failed - stuck on Apple logo with full loading bar). Went in to verbose mode in the same set and get the message “AppleNVMe Assert failed…”
4. Fresh install with High Sierra installer in USB 2.0 8g stick created by Clover 8.1.0 (Failed - boot into clover without High Sierra install option)
5. Fresh install with Mojave installer in USB 3.0 16g stick created by Clover 8.3.1 with generated SNs (Failed - stuck on Apple logo with full loading bar)
6. Rolled back the BIOS from v4.0 to v1.6 as @rj510 suggested
7. Fresh install with High Sierra installer in USB 3.0 16g stick created by Clover 8.3.1 (Failed - stuck on Apple logo with full loading bar). Went in to verbose mode in the same set and get the message “AppleNVMe Assert failed…”
8. Fresh install with High Sierra installer in USB 3.0 32g stick created by the alternative method you suggest with Terminal and pasted EFI Unified 4.3.2 (High Sierra) files in to EFI partition (Failed - stuck on Apple logo with full loading bar). Went in to verbose mode in the same and get the message “AppleNVMe Assert failed…”
9. Change Intel 760p 512g m2 PCIe to different m2 socket
10. Fresh install with High Sierra installer in USB 3.0 32g stick created by the alternative method you suggest with Terminal and pasted EFI Unified 4.3.2 (High Sierra) files in to EFI partition (Failed - stuck on Apple logo with full loading bar). Went in to verbose mode in the same and get the message “AppleNVMe Assert failed…”

(Without verbose the stick would boot into Apple logo and loading bar but extremely slow, takes about 15-30 mins then stuck on with full bar.)

----------------------------------

It seems that I need to fix the NVMe issue so I followed @CaseySJ method from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...led-asrock-z390-9700k-970pro-nvme-m-2.267778/

Tried the following one at a time but still no luck:
AptioMemoryFix-drv
OsxAptioFixDrv.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi
OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drc-free2000.efi

Is there anyway to fix this? Couldn't figure out how to solve this. (Planning on 'seeding' from my working High Sierra build as soon as I get the NVMe adapter as the last resort...)

Please try with this EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29 MB · Views: 91
Please try with this EFI folder.

Thank you for the instant reply!

The first boot showed apple logo and loading bar but end up with prohibited sign.

Second boot with -v showed different lines than NVMe error then stuck.

Attachments

• 0BE08716-92A9-4CF0-B9AD-590B6F3E13EF.jpeg
    0BE08716-92A9-4CF0-B9AD-590B6F3E13EF.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 67
  • 307F847A-C7D3-4F3A-AC91-F828380459E5.jpeg
    307F847A-C7D3-4F3A-AC91-F828380459E5.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 63
Thank you for the instant reply!

The first boot showed apple logo and loading bar but end up with prohibited sign.

Second boot with -v showed different lines than NVMe error then stuck.

It looks like a USB problem. Please try your USB flash drive in different USB ports or try different USB flash drive.

Also, try deleting the SSDT-USBX.aml file in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/.

Back