Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I installed that kext with multibeast and with kext beast but on Sierra with no luck. So i think I must go to mojave with this hardware.

Let me get an RX580 and I hope the next message I write here will begin with "Success".

Thanks a lot for being so patient and so helpful! Thumbs up!

Hmm... That should be the correct kext for your NIC. I have no idea why it's not working for you. Maybe try installing it to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and let Clover inject it.

I installed that kext with multibeast and with kext beast but on Sierra with no luck
Worth checking that the Ethernet interface has not somehow become disabled in the BIOS settings.

What kind of drive are you using? If that's the only time you see stuttering, it's possible that there's a delay in reading your directory. Try disabling "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" in Energy Saver System Preference.
Samsung 960 EVO 256GB NVme. I tried, it doesn't help. I believe it's iGPU related issue, because if I connect 1080p monitor it's not stuttering at all. I found many thread across the internet where owner's of mac mini 8.1 discussed lags and stuttering on 4k monitors. Can you please record how is animation smooth while opening folders in launchpad on that machine?

Samsung 960 EVO 256GB NVme. I tried, it doesn't help. I believe it's iGPU related issue, because if I connect 1080p monitor it's not stuttering at all. I found many thread across the internet where owner's of mac mini 8.1 discussed lags and stuttering on 4k monitors. Can you please record how is animation smooth while opening folders in launchpad on that machine?

I don't have that many apps on it yet. Lol

Thanks very much for your support on this thread. I have always had screen flickering using your EFI folder on Mojave with iGPU on a Mojave Z370 8700K system. I have always needed to apply a patch to the IOPCIPrimaryMatch key of AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext to overcome this when using iMac18,1 or iMac18,3. Moving to iMacPro1,1 has completely solved this. It's nice to have an untouched system now.

Thanks very much for your support on this thread. I have always had screen flickering using your EFI folder on Mojave with iGPU on a Mojave Z370 8700K system. I have always needed to apply a patch to the IOPCIPrimaryMatch key of AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext to overcome this when using iMac18,1 or iMac18,3. Moving to iMacPro1,1 has completely solved this. It's nice to have an untouched system now.
This is weird, we have the same systems but I've never had this problem.

What patch did you use?

Back