Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hello, i've been going over and over and I still can not find a solution on this.

I had a previous build with an H370 motherboard from Gigabyte and my GTX 980 running kind of well from el Capitan through Sierra (I could never install High Sierra).

Now I upgraded to a Gigabyte Z390 gaming Sli (purchased solely to upgrade my MAC rig) I7 8770 and my same video card.

I took my chances and plugged my old OCZ 480 Trion SSD and my new computer and see if it was able to boot. Good thing, it did it but with some issues. First is that I can not make my ethernet card work nor is my Video card, but at the beginning I thought that I only needed to go online again to look for the correct driver again.

So far I have not succeeded in making my ethernet card to work. I Used mojave and high sierra Multibeasts with no luck, I also used Kextbeast with the Intellymouse Kext, also with no luck.

I have also tried to install mojave on 2 SSds, both Toshiba, one is Sata, and the other is an NVME M.2. Both of them copy the files to the SSD, but after the first Reboot when the system starts to install with the grafik interface right at the beginning it reboots.

So I don't know what to do, It would be easier to stick with sierra which has been working well or to continue installing a new fresh mojave.

Here are the pictures of what happens:

At this point reboots, (first reboot)

IMG-2284.JPG

With the verbose mode this is the last text shown before rebooting.

IMG-2285.JPG

I would really appreciate if you give me a hint.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, i've been going over and over and I still can not find a solution on this.

I had a previous build with an H370 motherboard from Gigabyte and my GTX 980 running kind of well from el Capitan through Sierra (I could never install High Sierra).

Now I upgraded to a Gigabyte Z390 gaming Sli (purchased solely to upgrade my MAC rig) I7 8770 and my same video card.

I took my chances and plugged my old OCZ 480 Trion SSD and my new computer and see if it was able to boot. Good thing, it did it but with some issues. First is that I can not make my ethernet card work nor is my Video card, but at the beginning I thought that I only needed to go online again to look for the correct driver again.

So far I have not succeeded in making my ethernet card to work. I Used mojave and high sierra Multibeasts with no luck, I also used Kextbeast with the Intellymouse Kext, also with no luck.

I have also tried to install mojave on 2 SSds, both Toshiba, one is Sata, and the other is an NVME M.2. Both of them copy the files to the SSD, but after the first Reboot when the system starts to install with the grafik interface right at the beginning it reboots.

So I don't know what to do, It would be easier to stick with sierra which has been working well or to continue installing a new fresh mojave.

Here are the pictures of what happens:

At this point reboots, (first reboot)

View attachment 411502

With the verbose mode this is the last text shown before rebooting.

View attachment 411503

I would really appreciate if you give me a hint.

Thanks in advance.

Your H370 motherboard should have been able to run High Sierra and Mojave if configured correctly.

Nvidia never released any web drivers for Mojave and you need them to use your GTX 980. Unless you change to a different video card, you won't be able to use Mojave.

Without knowing what your EFI configuration looks like or which motherboards, you are using, I can only guess that you are missing drivers for the ethernet on the Z390 motherboard.

Personally, I would not be happy being stuck in Sierra. As I stated earlier, both your H370 and Z390 motherboards should be able to run High Sierra and Mojave. The GTX 980 is a limiting factor that will prevent you from running Mojave.

I think you need to look for High Sierra and Mojave guides for Gigabyte H370 and Z390 and redo your configuration from the beginning. It sounds like you have a very old installation and have not implemented changes needed to move beyond Sierra.

Please try removing WhateverGreen.

For some reason, the Vega audio is incorrectly being renamed to HDEF. It should be HDAU.
Still no Audio without WEG.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.7 MB · Views: 73
  • Hackintosh.ioreg
    8.6 MB · Views: 77
Hello @pastrychef. Are you able to wake your hackintosh by bluetooth devices? I have BCM943602CS wifi/bt module which is works just fine but on my MB (asus z370-f which pretty similar to yours) I can't wake it up. I bet it's because the module doesn't get power while sleeping (no light on it). But on my previous MB (asrock z370 extreme) it works perfectly fine. So does it works for you? Maybe there is a some tricky bios setting which I couldn't find. I have patch SSDT for usb ports.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    650 bytes · Views: 60
  • SSDT-USBX.aml
    185 bytes · Views: 61
Still no Audio without WEG.

For some reason, you are not getting the HDAU device. Instead, it's routing HDEF to where HDAU should be...

Please try installing one of the .aml files from here to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/.

I suggest trying the Kamarang one first.

Hello @pastrychef. Are you able to wake your hackintosh by bluetooth devices? I have BCM943602CS wifi/bt module which is works just fine but on my MB (asus z370-f which pretty similar to yours) I can't wake it up. I bet it's because the module doesn't get power while sleeping (no light on it). But on my previous MB (asrock z370 extreme) it works perfectly fine. So does it works for you? Maybe there is a some tricky bios setting which I couldn't find. I have patch SSDT for usb ports.

Yes, it works perfectly. I haven't had a USB keyboard or mouse connected to this hack for the last few months so the only ways for me to wake it are (1) Bluetooth Magic Mouse 2/Magic Trackpad 1 or (2) the power button on the case and I never use the power button on the case.

I found the reason for stuttering mouse/trackpad:

It is something with the Vega to Display (4K) connection.
If I use Displayport it stutters every couple of seconds. Like dropped frames. I can reproduce this with the one cable I have.
If I use HDMI 2.0 it is all smooth.
Maybe it is my Displayport Cable. It is quite long with 1,5m. It worked before.
A different Cable with my Macbook works fine with this monitor. So this leaves either the Vega64s Displayport Ports, Firmware, Mac OS Drivers or the Cable.

WEIRD! But at lest it works now

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 51
I found the reason for stuttering mouse/trackpad:

It is something with the Vega to Display (4K) connection.
If I use Displayport it stutters every couple of seconds. Like dropped frames. I can reproduce this with the one cable I have.
If I use HDMI 2.0 it is all smooth.
Maybe it is my Displayport Cable. It is quite long with 1,5m. It worked before.
A different Cable with my Macbook works fine with this monitor. So this leaves either the Vega64s Displayport Ports, Firmware, Mac OS Drivers or the Cable.

WEIRD! But at lest it works now

Most probably cable. Others have had issues when using questionable cables too.

Back