Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Try the EFI r5.0.1.

1. Download load the EFI folder.
  2. Replace the config.plist with the one from post #6615.
  3. Replace the entire EFI folder in your EFI partition.

thanks! I did that and everything works good in general!

When I opened Photoshop (PS) for the frist time, it showed me this warming that that graphics accelaration will be turned off (maybe that was the source of the problem) even thought i thought it should still work.

If you have PS, what Graphics Processor Settings do you use? (top right of second image)

thanks again!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 2.04.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 2.04.22 PM.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 2.12.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 2.12.28 PM.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 67
Out of curiosity, how are you building the r4930 clover installer with the latest commits? That is, assuming you are since r4920 is the latest package available for download on SourceForge. Thanks.
You can find all Clover releases on GitHub... ;)

Out of curiosity, how are you building the r4930 clover installer with the latest commits? That is, assuming you are since r4920 is the latest package available for download on SourceForge. Thanks.

You can find them here.

thanks! I did that and everything works good in general!

When I opened Photoshop (PS) for the frist time, it showed me this warming that that graphics accelaration will be turned off (maybe that was the source of the problem) even thought i thought it should still work.

If you have PS, what Graphics Processor Settings do you use? (top right of second image)

thanks again!

Please post your config.plist again.

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 3.42.56 PM.png

Please post your config.plist again.
View attachment 407849

here it is. Another weird thing is that my Vega64 seems to show really ab-normally low core and memory clock speeds in iStats - core clock is often 28hz which seems low - see image attached
back story (i used to use Vegatab and was getting proper use of 800-1500ghz ish numbers but it was getting hot so i used the one you recommended but i dont think Vegatab works well on this Sapphire Nitro (not reference)​

i tried photoshop with "Normal" graphics processing and it crashed/panic shutdown when using the transform tool (likely iGPU vs Vega64 issue). I read about this and setting Graphics Processing to OFF was a band-aid solution but i still get random shutdowns in Premiere as well.

is there is anything else to do besides trying iMacPro 1.1 again w/ iGPU disabled?
last time i tried it , it couldn't show Finder JG previews after a week of so, but maybe it will be smoother with 10.14.5 now​

thanks again @pastrychef

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 1.57.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 1.57.54 AM.png
    750.1 KB · Views: 61
here it is. Another weird thing is that my Vega64 seems to show really ab-normally low core and memory clock speeds in iStats - core clock is often 28hz which seems low - see image attached
back story (i used to use Vegatab and was getting proper use of 800-1500ghz ish numbers but it was getting hot so i used the one you recommended but i dont think Vegatab works well on this Sapphire Nitro (not reference)​

i tried photoshop with "Normal" graphics processing and it crashed/panic shutdown when using the transform tool (likely iGPU vs Vega64 issue). I read about this and setting Graphics Processing to OFF was a band-aid solution but i still get random shutdowns in Premiere as well.

is there is anything else to do besides trying iMacPro 1.1 again w/ iGPU disabled?
last time i tried it , it couldn't show Finder JG previews after a week of so, but maybe it will be smoother with 10.14.5 now​

thanks again @pastrychef

What you are seeing in iStat Menus is normal and shows that power management is working correctly with your Vega. It is desirable for the GPU to clock down when idle. Same goes for CPU.

Here's my Vega:
Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 2.16.19 AM.png

Please try this config.plist and check in Photoshop.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 90
@pastrychef Just to be clear : did the Intel X540-T2 10GBase-T card needs a Kext to work with Sierra 10.12.6?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, if you want to use the Intel X540-T2 cards, you will need to hack the product-id and device-id in Linux. The idea is to change them to be the same as the SmallTree product-id and device-id so that you can use the SmallTree drivers.

As I previously stated, I filed a bug report with Asus regarding loss of ability to choose "Primary Display" in BIOS with BIOS 1601. I've been transferred to several reps along the way. I'm assuming I was progressing up the priority lists. The latest email I received from them was yesterday and the rep just wanted to assure me that their engineers are still working on it.
@pastrychef It looks like BIOS 1901 is available and has the PEG option selectable again.
ups, edit: For your board it´s the BIOS 2001, but I assume it will have it back also.

@pastrychef It looks like BIOS 1901 is available and has the PEG option selectable again.
ups, edit: For your board it´s the BIOS 2001, but I assume it will have it back also.

Where found you peg/igpu selectable? hmmmm.

Version 1901-----2019/04/11-----10.36 MBytes

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC) BIOS 1901
Updated uCode for the latest Intel processor.

Last edited:
Back