Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

OK- I'm doing surprisingly well considering that this is my first build and first Hackintosh - I would not have been able to get anywhere without your expert help and guidance. Thanks again.

1. I need to implement the "USB port limit patch for Version (10.14.5)" because I will be upgrading to MacOS 10.14.5.
I've read and reread the explanation of the EFI files and specifically config.plist.
I have attached an image of the patched kexts in my config. I have highlighted the ones realted to the USB Port Limitations that exist in my current installation. You are saying that I should check the disable check-box next to all of these once I have added the new "USB port limit patch for Version (10.14.5)." Correct?

2. You have directed me to the "USB port limit patch Version (10.14.5)". I see the formatted code- that I can copy and paste- what do I do with it? How do I get it into the patched Kexts p[age of Clover. I've searched but I have yet to find an explanation I can understand.

Appreciate your help.

Yes. if you have difficulty with implementing the new 15 port limit patch, please post your existing config.plist and I can help you add it.

Yes. if you have difficulty with implementing the new 15 port limit patch, please post your existing config.plist and I can help you add it.
Here is my current config.plist - would appreciate your help. Also if you can tell me how you got the code for the new kext in there you could help me learn to fish - so to speak. Thank you.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.4 KB · Views: 56
Here is my current config.plist - would appreciate your help. Also if you can tell me how you got the code for the new kext in there you could help me learn to fish - so to speak. Thank you.

You must open your config.plist using a text editor. TextEdit can work but you must enable "Make Plain Text" or you can use a text editor such as Text Wrangler. Then, it's just a matter of copy/paste to the correct section of the config.plist.

As I've told others, apply one of the "proper" USB fixes ASAP so that you don't have to chase down a new patch each time a macOS update breaks the current patch. As you can see from the config.plist, there has been so many patches to address the same issue, it's ridiculous. With Hackintool, applying a proper fix is very simple now.

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.2 KB · Views: 65
Thanks PC- I opened my config.plist in Coda 2- an editing program. It is very straight forward- next time I should have no problem making changes. Thanks for the updated config- I will check it out and replace it when I update.

The kexts that you have added to the config.plist are a proper fix?

Hi Folks

Updated to 10.14.5
I use an 8th Gen CPU and a Vega 64
System Definition: iMac18,3 (I did not change this so far because of my 8th Gen CPU)

With 10.14.4 I was able to use Netflix in Safari.
Now with 10.14.5 it does not work anymore.

Hackintool shows for the iGPU (UHD 630):
VDA Decoder: Decoder Failed
Do I need to deal with this or will WhateverGreen do this for me with the next update?

It shows and detects the Platform ID:0x3E910003
Is this correct?

IOREGistryExplorer shows AppleIntelFramebufferController
Does this mean it is loaded?

Another difference:

I have a BenQ BL3270U native 10 Bit Monitor
It is connected via DP. But it always showed the same info when connected via HDMI 2.0.
Is HDMI 2.0 working with a Hackintosh? Would you prefer DP?

System-Information now shows my Display with a frame-Buffer-depth of only 24 Bit (ARGB8888). So This would be 8 Bit per Channel.
Before it was 30 Bit (At Least with an RX570 on 10.14.4, I did not check after upgrading to the Vega). So it was using the full 10 bit...

Is there any way to enable 30 Bit (10 bits per channel), again?

Does Freesync work on your Hackintosh? It stutters for me when using the UFO Freesync Test:
UFO Test

One more thing:

There is a new BIOS Version 2001. Has anyone tried it, yet?

Hi Folks

Updated to 10.14.5
I use an 8th Gen CPU and a Vega 64
System Definition: iMac18,3 (I did not change this so far because of my 8th Gen CPU)

With 10.14.4 I was able to use Netflix in Safari.
Now with 10.14.5 it does not work anymore.

Hackintool shows for the iGPU (UHD 630):
VDA Decoder: Decoder Failed
Do I need to deal with this or will WhateverGreen do this for me with the next update?

It shows and detects the Platform ID:0x3E910003
Is this correct?

IOREGistryExplorer shows AppleIntelFramebufferController
Does this mean it is loaded?

Another difference:

I have a BenQ BL3270U native 10 Bit Monitor
It is connected via DP. But it always showed the same info when connected via HDMI 2.0.
Is HDMI 2.0 working with a Hackintosh? Would you prefer DP?

System-Information now shows my Display with a frame-Buffer-depth of only 24 Bit (ARGB8888). So This would be 8 Bit per Channel.
Before it was 30 Bit (At Least with an RX570 on 10.14.4, I did not check after upgrading to the Vega). So it was using the full 10 bit...

Is there any way to enable 30 Bit (10 bits per channel), again?

Does Freesync work on your Hackintosh? It stutters for me when using the UFO Freesync Test:
UFO Test

One more thing:

There is a new BIOS Version 2001. Has anyone tried it, yet?

Please post your ioreg file.

You can try to remove WhateverGreen to see if it helps with your IGPU and VDA decoder support. I had to remove it for it to work. Removing WhateverGreen will probably break Netflix DRM for you. If DRM is important to you, disable IGPU in BIOS and use iMacPro1,1 system definition.

Try changing screen resolutions a few times to see if it restores 10-bit color support on your monitor.

No, there is no Freesync support in macOS.

I have not tried the new BIOS yet.

Please post your ioreg file.

You can try to remove WhateverGreen to see if it helps with your IGPU and VDA decoder support. I had to remove it for it to work. Removing WhateverGreen will probably break Netflix DRM for you. If DRM is important to you, disable IGPU in BIOS and use iMacPro1,1 system definition.

Try changing screen resolutions a few times to see if it restores 10-bit color support on your monitor.

No, there is no Freesync support in macOS.

I have not tried the new BIOS yet.

Yes, changing the resolution a couple of times fixed the 30 Bit Color ! You are awesome!

I will wait for an updated WhateverGreen kext, then. Hopefully that will fix Netflix DRM. I don't feel too good about iMac Pro system definition... Also after changing system definition I will have to re-licence all my software (just like after a TimeMachine Restore), right?

Attachments

• MacPro.ioreg
    18.7 MB · Views: 59
Sorry to ask for a favor, BUT, here goes.....

I'm doing some changes on my Z370 system (with the 9900K), and I was hoping to use the iGPU (by itself) for a short time. I reviewed your comments herein within the thread, changed the system parameter to 18,1, but every time I tried to boot into a 10.14.5 install, I'd get a CPU panic. Can you look at config.plist to check what I'm missing? Do I need to do this, maybe?

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

Or somehow spoof the CPU?

Attachments

• 18.1_config_test.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 85
Yes, changing the resolution a couple of times fixed the 30 Bit Color ! You are awesome!

I will wait for an updated WhateverGreen kext, then. Hopefully that will fix Netflix DRM. I don't feel too good about iMac Pro system definition... Also after changing system definition I will have to re-licence all my software (just like after a TimeMachine Restore), right?
You can use chrome till it’s fixed

Sorry to ask for a favor, BUT, here goes.....

I'm doing some changes on my Z370 system (with the 9900K), and I was hoping to use the iGPU (by itself) for a short time. I reviewed your comments herein within the thread, changed the system parameter to 18,1, but every time I tried to boot into a 10.14.5 install, I'd get a CPU panic. Can you look at config.plist to check what I'm missing? Do I need to do this, maybe?

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

Or somehow spoof the CPU?

Please try this config.plist. I changed device properties.

Attachments

• 18.1_config_test.plist
    9.2 KB · Views: 94
Back