Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I am not really sure that you need it, you can add the card yourself in clover and just inject intel.

I know that I don't need it for GPU or IGPU compatibility. I primarily used it for the Shiki aspect. It made iTunes DRM work for me.

Figured it out. WhateverGreen 1.2.8 was causing VDA decoder to fail.

I removed WhateverGreen and everything is back to normal.
I mentioned that WhateverGreen was not necessary anymore for our hacks, see post #396

I mentioned that WhateverGreen was not necessary anymore for our hacks, see post #396

Yes, I have not needed WhateverGreen for DGPU or IGPU compatibility for a long time. I also do not need to inject and IGPU properties. But iTunes DRM does not work for me without it.

Yes, I have not needed WhateverGreen for DGPU or IGPU compatibility for a long time. I also do not need to inject and IGPU properties. But iTunes DRM does not work for me without it.
bro and you try to add IGPU "AAPL, ig-platform-id" = <0300983e> recognized as "Intel HD Graphics CFL" model #371

as noted on the 10.14.5 thread (but I promised to report back here):

Removed the -no_compat_check, and everything worked. In fact, one step forward, and one step back: VDA Decoder works! :) but I lost the drives hooked to my mobo internal 3.1 USB.

take away: internal usb 3.1 not working right.

(edit) fixed usb issue with patches.)

Last edited:
bro and you try to add IGPU "AAPL, ig-platform-id" = <0300983e> recognized as "Intel HD Graphics CFL" model #371

I don't have to inject anything and it's automatically recognized as such.

as noted on the 10.14.5 thread (but I promised to report back here):

Removed the -no_compat_check, and everything worked. In fact, one step forward, and one step back: VDA Decoder works! :) but I lost the drives hooked to my mobo internal 3.1 USB.

take away: internal usb 3.1 not working right.

You should apply one of the "proper" USB fixes. Stop relying on those KextsToPatches. They break far too often and is a pain to keep track of.

You should apply one of the "proper" USB fixes. Stop relying on those KextsToPatches. They break far too often and is a pain to keep track of.
OK... first, I should note that I added the patches mentioned as needed to update for 10.14.5, and got back the internal USB 3.1 (and my missing drive.)

So, now as it stands, all my issues have been resolved...

..except your recommendation that I use "a proper" usb fix. I have no idea what that is, nor how to go about applying it. Are you saying those config.plist entries are bogus? There's a better way? I'm happy to learn and try!

OK... first, I should note that I added the patches mentioned as needed to update for 10.14.5, and got back the internal USB 3.1 (and my missing drive.)

So, now as it stands, all my issues have been resolved...

..except your recommendation that I use "a proper" usb fix. I have no idea what that is, nor how to go about applying it. Are you saying those config.plist entries are bogus? There's a better way? I'm happy to learn and try!

Use one of the following fixes and never have to worry about USB 15 port limit KextsToPatch fixes again:

Those KextsToPatch "fixes" seem to break with each macOS update.

Back