Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thanks your fast reply.

System information looks okay, the Hackintool shows also GPU is fully supported but what strange is there no GPU name, ID and VRAM size:
View attachment 404413

There are two other things regarding GPU:
- iStat (also HWmonitor) shows that GPU die temperature is 127C
- And sometimes the GPU fans are spinning quite fast, without any reason, e.g. if I am just surfing (during this reply also did it). Should I follow this guide?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-injection-of-amd-vega-power-and-fan-control-properties.267519/

Sleep/wake working great.

Audio is also working after sleep. But what I have tested (before sleep) all jack outputs at back panel and only the "Internal Speakers" front output is working. Front panel audio jack has no sound, but I am also not able to select it in the sound preferences. (HDMI, DVI and SPDIF audio are working fine)

Regarding the USB I am not pretty sure, because I have connected an Anker USB 3 hub on HS06 and it shows as USB 2 hub, and I have just did a speed test with Blackmagic and shows, 32MB/s write speed and 36MB/s read speed, it looks for me a little bit slow. Am I right the HSxx is the USB 2.0 port and SSxx would be the USB 3.0?
View attachment 404415

One more thing...

Make a backup of your existing EFI folder so that you can boot from it if anything goes wrong.
Try changing system definition to iMac19,1 and add "-no_compat_check" boot argument.
Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 3.41.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-08 at 3.41.27 PM.png

Under rare circumstances, i've got a lost of DP connection (all the Hack working but no image at all) without the inject :/ For exemple, it was while streaming a video on VLC (recording) and watching another video on youtube (on Chrome). 100% of the time: crash. Also, on Mojave without the inject i have also the *???* like tikiss for the CPU/GPU with Hackintool.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 21.49.47.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 21.49.47.png
    231.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 21.49.53.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 21.49.53.png
    239.9 KB · Views: 69
Under rare circumstances, i've got a lost of DP connection (all the Hack working but no image at all) without the inject :/ For exemple, it was while streaming a video on VLC (recording) and watching another video on youtube (on Chrome). 100% of the time: crash.

Please let me see your EFI folder.

Edit:
I'm currently:
Playing YouTube video in Safari.
Playing YouTube video in Firefox.
Playing YouTube video in Chrome.
Playing video in VLC.
Playing video in IINA.

No IGPU injections of any sort in my config.plist. No crash. I'm typing on the same computer right now.

Last edited:
Here you go :) and this is also what I have in my L/E...
its only happening when i'm recording a stream on VLC while watching another video on Youtube... sometimes it takes 15 minutes, sometimes 5, etc.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.8 MB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 21.54.38.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 21.54.38.png
    110.1 KB · Views: 57
Here you go :) and this is also what I have in my L/E...
its only happening when i'm recording a stream on VLC while watching another video on Youtube... sometimes it takes 15 minutes, sometimes 5, etc.

The IGPU injection is just injecting ig-platform-id and device-id. Both of which should be automatically detected if they are not present. I still don't think it's needed.

PS: i didn't have any problem on my *old* Asus z370 Prime BUT on the Z390 and now the H370... i've got it on both :/
But yeah, everything is working on this little guy so i'm happy :) all this started because of your build long time ago :lol:

Attachments

• DSC00125.jpeg
    DSC00125.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 76
PS: i didn't have any problem on my *old* Asus z370 Prime BUT on the Z390 and now the H370... i've got it on both :/

Hmm... Z390 might be an issue... As I've stated, I bought a Z390 motherboard to play with and it exhibited extremely bizarre BIOS behavior. I saw nothing but issues and have since put the motherboard deep in to my closet.

Thanks your help!

For audio, you can try changing the audio-id to see if you get better results. You can try 1, 2, 5, 7, 11, or 13.
I have started to fix the audio, I have tried all suggestions and prepared a table what I have experienced, I hope it helps for somebody:

So I have decided to use the ID 13, because it behaves like a laptop, means if you plug a headphone into the jack the main (internal) speakers are muted, and do not need to change anything in the sound preferences. Than tomorrow I will continue with the USB.

Thanks again your hints/notes/recommendations!

Hey, @pastrychef , I am using the exact motherboard as you, and I am running a 8GB Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 56 Pulse graphics card. Now I am thinking about getting another one to use it with Davinci. My question now is: does it even work with this motherboard? Do you have any experience with it?

Back