Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.4 KB · Views: 125

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-05-06 at 17.35.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-06 at 17.35.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 93
Not working so far unfortunately

Hmm... Very strange... Is this a clean install of Mojave 10.14.4?

Judging by the ioreg, it should be working...

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 11.44.17 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-06 at 11.45.35 AM.png

Hmm... Very strange... Is this a clean install of Mojave 10.14.4?

Judging by the ioreg, it should be working...

It is a clean install in the sense the dmg was downloaded with an original mac and no MB/UB tools were used.

I am using this machine for a couple of months now, so it is loaded with software & files.

Other than this all is working well, I did notice H.264 exports were slow & FCPX was dropping frames (while playing high res files & speed ramps however), that's why I started looking into it.

BruceX export times were acceptable.

This screengrab shows IGPU/GPU not working when exporting H.264 in FCPX.

Could you suggest me ways to check if the performance matches HW Encoding enabled or should I go ahead and try with a clean install?

Thanks again

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-05-06 at 18.08.58.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-06 at 18.08.58.png
    677.8 KB · Views: 93
It is a clean install in the sense the dmg was downloaded with an original mac and no MB/UB tools were used.

I am using this machine for a couple of months now, so it is loaded with software & files.

Other than this all is working well, I did notice H.264 exports were slow & FCPX was dropping frames (while playing high res files & speed ramps however), that's why I started looking into it.

BruceX export times were acceptable.

This screengrab shows IGPU/GPU not working when exporting H.264 in FCPX.

Could you suggest me ways to check if the performance matches HW Encoding enabled or should I go ahead and try with a clean install?

Thanks again

The only time I experienced anything like this was when my AppleGVA.framework file got corrupt. I followed these directions to fix it. If possible, please try.

Hi, I am recently did a clean install of High Sierra and used your (pastrychef) EFI folder, than I have successfully updated to Mojave, also used your EFI. My build is a little bit different as yours, so far look okay, I would start testing right now, my question would you would recommend to change in the config? I am a newbie in the hackintosh world, so I would really appreciate your help.

Hi, I am recently did a clean install of High Sierra and used your (pastrychef) EFI folder, than I have successfully updated to Mojave, also used your EFI. My build is a little bit different as yours, so far look okay, I would start testing right now, my question would you would recommend to change in the config? I am a newbie in the hackintosh world, so I would really appreciate your help.

Common things to test:
1. Make sure you have video acceleration working. Check System Information > Graphics/Displays to see if it shows Metal as being supported. Also check Hackintool to see if VDA Decoder is supported.
Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.43.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.43.21 PM.png
2. Make sure all your USB ports are working. You can use Hackintool to test.
3. Test to see if sleep/wake is working.
4. Test to see if audio is working after sleep.

If the above are working correctly, the only thing you need to do is apply one of the "proper" USB fixes.

Thanks your fast reply.
1. Make sure you have video acceleration working. Check System Information > Graphics/Displays to see if it shows Metal as being supported. Also check Hackintool to see if VDA Decoder is supported.
System information looks okay, the Hackintool shows also GPU is fully supported but what strange is there no GPU name, ID and VRAM size:

There are two other things regarding GPU:
- iStat (also HWmonitor) shows that GPU die temperature is 127C
- And sometimes the GPU fans are spinning quite fast, without any reason, e.g. if I am just surfing (during this reply also did it). Should I follow this guide?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-injection-of-amd-vega-power-and-fan-control-properties.267519/

3. Test to see if sleep/wake is working.
Sleep/wake working great.

4. Test to see if audio is working after sleep.
Audio is also working after sleep. But what I have tested (before sleep) all jack outputs at back panel and only the "Internal Speakers" front output is working. Front panel audio jack has no sound, but I am also not able to select it in the sound preferences. (HDMI, DVI and SPDIF audio are working fine)

2. Make sure all your USB ports are working. You can use Hackintool to test.
Regarding the USB I am not pretty sure, because I have connected an Anker USB 3 hub on HS06 and it shows as USB 2 hub, and I have just did a speed test with Blackmagic and shows, 32MB/s write speed and 36MB/s read speed, it looks for me a little bit slow. Am I right the HSxx is the USB 2.0 port and SSxx would be the USB 3.0?

Thanks your fast reply.

System information looks okay, the Hackintool shows also GPU is fully supported but what strange is there no GPU name, ID and VRAM size:
View attachment 404413

There are two other things regarding GPU:
- iStat (also HWmonitor) shows that GPU die temperature is 127C
- And sometimes the GPU fans are spinning quite fast, without any reason, e.g. if I am just surfing (during this reply also did it). Should I follow this guide?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-injection-of-amd-vega-power-and-fan-control-properties.267519/

Sleep/wake working great.

Audio is also working after sleep. But what I have tested (before sleep) all jack outputs at back panel and only the "Internal Speakers" front output is working. Front panel audio jack has no sound, but I am also not able to select it in the sound preferences. (HDMI, DVI and SPDIF audio are working fine)

Regarding the USB I am not pretty sure, because I have connected an Anker USB 3 hub on HS06 and it shows as USB 2 hub, and I have just did a speed test with Blackmagic and shows, 32MB/s write speed and 36MB/s read speed, it looks for me a little bit slow. Am I right the HSxx is the USB 2.0 port and SSxx would be the USB 3.0?
View attachment 404415

It's up to you if you want to use that guide. Personally, I find it more work than necessary. I just use the VGTab utility that's attached to post #1 of this thread and create a kext that controls the fans. Or, you can just install the Mojave 10.14.5 public beta which reportedly has all the Vega fan issues resolved.

For audio, you can try changing the audio-id to see if you get better results. You can try 1, 2, 5, 7, 11, or 13.
Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 3.16.21 PM.png

It seems you need to apply one of the proper USB fixes. There are several guides on the forum. Just search and you will find them.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 21.20.51.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 21.20.51.png
    544.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 21.20.54.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 21.20.54.png
    704.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 21.21.04.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 21.21.04.png
    725 KB · Views: 59
Back