Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I've never come across anyone with this issue with this motherboard... I don't know what's causing it...
Crap. Do I win a prize? LOL. This is obviously my first hackintosh and first pc build, so it's entirely possible I've crossed wires somewhere. Or inadvertently damaged something in my ineptitude. I was very careful but I did have to do almost everything several times before it was right.

I'll try to roll it back tonight and see if it's better. It was fine after the initial install. Thank you again for all your support.

Crap. Do I win a prize? LOL. This is obviously my first hackintosh and first pc build, so it's entirely possible I've crossed wires somewhere. Or inadvertently damaged something in my ineptitude. I was very careful but I did have to do almost everything several times before it was right.

I'll try to roll it back tonight and see if it's better. It was fine after the initial install. Thank you again for all your support.

The good news is that by all indications, it seems that you have acceleration working with the IGPU.

It might just be an issue between the computer and monitor. Maybe try connecting to your TV to see if it works any better...

If/when you exchange your XFX RX 580 for a compatible RX 580, this should be a non-issue.

Populating System Information > PCI:

For those of you who want to populate System Information > PCI, I have good news. With the aid of Hackintool, it's now quite easy to get it populated.

Waring: As always, make a backup of your existing config.plist or your entire EFI folder before doing this so that you can use it to boot in case something goes wrong.

1. Launch Hackintool.
2. Click on the PCI tab on the top portion of the window.
3. Click on the Export button on the bottom portion of the window.
Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 6.36.59 PM.png
4. Look for the pcidevices.plist file on your desktop and open it with Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.
5. Look for PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) and delete AAPL,ig-platform-id and device-id. (*Note: I also deleted PCI devices that were not actual PCI-e cards. The deleting of ig-platform-id and device-id is only applicable for this build. If your build requires them, you should fill the appropriate values instead.)
Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 8.20.51 PM.png
6. Copy the Properties.
Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 6.40.10 PM.png
7. Open your config.plist with Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.
8. Delete Devices > Properties. (If you don't have it, you are fine.)
9. Paste Properties to Devices section.
Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 6.42.04 PM.png
10. Save.
11. Reboot.
12. Look in System Information > PCI.
Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 6.31.48 PM.png

*Note 1: For step 5, if you are currently using spoofed ig-platform-id and device-id, don't delete, just edit the values to what you are currently using.

**Note 2: I haven't tested yet, but you should be able to edit the strings to anything you like. For example, in the following image, you can see that AAPLslot-name is "[email protected]". You should be able to change it to, for example, "Slot-1". Or, you can change "Vega 10XLXT [Radeon RX Vega 56/64]" to "MSI RX Vega 56 Air Boost".
Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 8.19.31 AM.png

***Note 3: On my system, having the "LPC/eSPI Controller" listed prevented sleep. So, I just deleted it and everything is back to normal.
Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 12.09.16 PM.png

Last edited:
You can check to see which Aptio fix you are using by looking in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

I think that on a fresh install of macOS, by default, it doesn't show your drives anymore. You need to enable it by going to Finder > Preferences.
View attachment 401739

Even if USB seems to be working, you should still apply one of the "proper" USB fixes. In the long run, it will save you a lot of time and headaches.

Please enter the following in Terminal and post the output:
Code:
pmset -g log | grep -i failure
Socant paste from system since wifi card is still on the way and hardwire is across the house but I ran the command and here is the output.

Shows
You can check to see which Aptio fix you are using by looking in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

I think that on a fresh install of macOS, by default, it doesn't show your drives anymore. You need to enable it by going to Finder > Preferences.
View attachment 401739

Even if USB seems to be working, you should still apply one of the "proper" USB fixes. In the long run, it will save you a lot of time and headaches.

Please enter the following in Terminal and post the output:
Code:
pmset -g log | grep -i failure
Okay disks was an easy solve.

Here is the output of the command

Attachments

• 20190425_193856.jpg
    20190425_193856.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 162
Socant paste from system since wifi card is still on the way and hardwire is across the house but I ran the command and here is the output.

Shows

Okay disks was an easy solve.

Here is the output of the command

Bummer... Unfortunately, I can't decipher that... I was hoping it would give a more descriptive explanation.

We should also wait until you've implemented one of the proper USB fixes and reassess.

Bummer... Unfortunately, I can't decipher that... I was hoping it would give a more descriptive explanation.

We should also wait until you've implemented one of the proper USB fixes and reassess.
Sounds good. Since I dont even have web connectivity on this yet I'll hold off on the full clover configuration because for the life of me I dont understand how to fix the flags in clover so I guess I have a little studying g to do. Thanks for your help so far.

Do I need web connectivity to fix usb?

Sounds good. Since I dont even have web connectivity on this yet I'll hold off on the full clover configuration because for the life of me I dont understand how to fix the flags in clover so I guess I have a little studying g to do. Thanks for your help so far.

Do I need web connectivity to fix usb?

Which Wi-Fi card are you using?

No, you do not need Wi-Fi to apply the USB fixes.

Which Wi-Fi card are you using?

No, you do not need Wi-Fi to apply the USB fixes.
Got this wifi card

Wifi works by doesn't for some reason.

Additionally can't get audio to work...tried removing offending kexts and reinstalling with alc for strix bit still doesn't work. And I think I now removed all audio options somehow. Any idea?

The good news is that by all indications, it seems that you have acceleration working with the IGPU.

It might just be an issue between the computer and monitor. Maybe try connecting to your TV to see if it works any better...

If/when you exchange your XFX RX 580 for a compatible RX 580, this should be a non-issue.
I wiped the drive and reinstalled, the system is stable now on 10.14.3. Without a graphics card, it doesn't like having 2 tabs open, but with just one it is solid.

I did the USB fix, the iMessage fix and got a serial.

I updated the cpu in the config to show the i9, but it still shows 3.6 GHz Unknown.

I don't see metal in the graphics/displays, and the dock is not translucent. Maybe that's why it was freaking out under 10.14.4, it enabled metal support but the iGPU can't handle it?

Sleep does not work - or maybe it does work but the screen just freezes and doesn't turn off. Pressing the power button brings me back to the login screen, no crashes. Left for a while, it seems to also go to sleep, but the monitor stays on.

I'll wait to update the OS until I have a happy, different GPU. When I do update, does the custom EFI stay set or do I need to restore it from a backup?

Also, should I update the bios? I am on 2.17.1246.

Attachments

• my Mac mini.ioreg
    3.2 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Back