Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

anyone have their bluetooth break when upgrading to 10.4.4? I'm using a apple wifi/bluetooth card.

Nevermind, I restarted the machine and everything is back to normal! This build runs like the real deal! I just wish the case fans could be a littler quiter. Thanks!

Nevermind, I restarted the machine and everything is back to normal! This build runs like the real deal! I just wish the case fans could be a littler quiter. Thanks!

What kind of case fans are you using? My Noctuas are pretty near silent....

You are still getting the graphics error...

Please try this EFI. Replace your current EFI.

If this doesn't work either, can you try pulling out the RX 580 and just use the Intel graphics for the installation?
I pulled the 580 out, and got past the error and into the installer. Woot. Does this mean the card is incompatible, or maybe I can sort that later?

However, in the installer, neither the m2 drive or the SSD are showing up. I see them in the BIOS ui - is there a kext to fix this for mojave?

I pulled the 580 out, and got past the error and into the installer. Woot. Does this mean the card is incompatible, or maybe I can sort that later?

However, in the installer, neither the m2 drive or the SSD are showing up. I see them in the BIOS ui - is there a kext to fix this for mojave?

I'm not sure about the video card... I know that XFX brand often has compatibility problems with macOS...

But first, lets get macOS installed.

When you are in the installer, launch Disk Utility. Then on the menu bar, select Show All Devices:
Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 12.44.10 AM.png

What kind of case fans are you using? My Noctuas are pretty near silent....
It's the stock ones that come with the Phanteks Evolv. I did a test and it seems to be my Corsair H115i cooler fans that are making all the noise. I need to find some quieter ones.

Also did you ever have a issue with sleep? Mine goes to sleep and then wakes up immediately. I ran ( pmset -g log ) in terminal and it says its iodisplaymanager that is preventing it from going to sleep.

Thanks!

It's the stock ones that come with the Phanteks Evolv. I did a test and it seems to be my Corsair H115i cooler fans that are making all the noise. I need to find some quieter ones.

Also did you ever have a issue with sleep? Mine goes to sleep and then wakes up immediately. I ran ( pmset -g log ) in terminal and it says its iodisplaymanager that is preventing it from going to sleep.

Thanks!

Try the Noctuas. Really awesome fans!!!

The IODisplayWrangler always shows up. I don't know why... But it isn't a problem for me. Sleep works well here...

I'm not sure about the video card... I know that XFX brand often has compatibility problems with macOS...

But first, lets get macOS installed.

When you are in the installer, launch Disk Utility. Then on the menu bar, select Show All Devices:
View attachment 401697
Success. I replaced the EFI to the new system drive - strangely configurator won't let me mount the EFI there, but I did it in terminal. Is there anything else I need to set in the configurator or with multibeast? safe to update to the latest os?

wifi is working great too, using the BCM card. The noctua fans are silent, I can barely hear 3 of them, and the bequiet cooler fan.

Last edited:
Success. I replaced the EFI to the new system drive - strangely configurator won't let me mount the EFI there, but I did it in terminal. Is there anything else I need to set in the configurator or with multibeast? safe to update to the latest os?

wifi is working great too, using the BCM card. The noctua fans are silent, I can barely hear 3 of them, and the bequiet cooler fan.

Yes, you can update to the latest macOS.

No, do not use MultiBeast if you are using my EFI folder. Ever.

You need to configure for Messages. Link is in post #1.

You should also do the proper USB fix. Instructions are on post #1.

Other than that, there's nothing to configure.

Oh I was so happy for a few minutes there! After updating, there is some extreme graphics weirdness. Flickering, segmenting when I move the mouse. I still have the graphics card out, so I will see if it is resolved with that put back in.

Back