Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

As per forum rules, please update your profile with your CPU, motherboard, and GPU info.

Please try with this EFI folder. Replace the one you have on your USB installer.
Here is a screenshot, with the new EFI folder (Thank you!!)

this 'consider rebuild of prelinked kernel' seems to be a common warning with all these. Maybe I need to update the BIOS? or go back and try with sierra instead..

Attachments

• 20190423_235453.jpg
    20190423_235453.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 53
Here is a screenshot, with the new EFI folder (Thank you!!)

this 'consider rebuild of prelinked kernel' seems to be a common warning with all these. Maybe I need to update the BIOS? or go back and try with sierra instead..

You are still getting the graphics error...

Please try this EFI. Replace your current EFI.

If this doesn't work either, can you try pulling out the RX 580 and just use the Intel graphics for the installation?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.8 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
@pastrychef Could you please PM me. I got something for you :) I cannot start a conversation before I've made 75 posts :crazy:

Thanks

I got this card, that I'm not gonna use anyway. I can send it to you for free if you'd like, for a current or a future build.

hey pastrychef,
i bought myself the delicious LG 34WK95U-W but unfortunately it is just displaying the full resolution on windows 10 (5120 x 2160).
i wired it over a displayport cable (version 1.4 "certified up to 8k res").
do you know of any workaround to get the full res on my mac os ?? :wave:

UPDATE:
sorry the resolution is correctly detected in mac os, it is the scaling which is causing problems! it is not scaling towards 100% on 5120 x 2160
View attachment 401500
Honor

I got this card, that I'm not gonna use anyway. I can send it to you for free if you'd like, for a current or a future build.

View attachment 401502

View attachment 401503

View attachment 401504

View attachment 401505

I just realized that it's a mini-PCI card... Moving forward, it's highly unlikely I'll ever put together another system that will have mini-PCI. I've found that I can find much better value in buying 1 or 2 generation old, used Dell or HP system (please see my Clunker build). Lol

Thank you very much for the offer! I truly appreciate it!! Cheers!! :thumbup:

Hey @pastrychef:

In the beta notes for 10.14.5, Beta 3, it says the following ".....Kernel extensions signed after April 7th, 2019 must be notarized in order to load on macOS...."

Do you have any thoughts about this? Any discussions on tonymac or elsewhere about how this might impact us all?

Here are two articles that may interest you:

Back