Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I'm up to date on my kexts (first thing I check :) ). I posed the same question to the Framebuffer Patching thread, and CMMChris suggested looking into AGDP kext to patch.

Turns out, there's a 'agdpmod=ignore' boot flag for whatevergreen, and it fixed my issue. I'm still trying to wrap my head around why this was required, but maybe it's a result of my mobo/card configuration...

Thanks for your help and time!

Weird... I've never needed that...

First off thaNK you for the detailed guide.

I've just completed my hardware build
I9-9900
Asus ROG gaming 390-e
Gtrident 2x16gb
Corsair liquid cooler
1tb inland sata
500 GB Samsung 970 plus evo
Xfx radon 580x

I've tried looking through other threads but haven't found a fix.

After the initial USB high Sierra boot I make it past all the logos and drive selection and get to installation (the 18 minute one). Installation used to run and then reboot, now it gets stuck and then reboots.

Tried to boot via verbose, safe, no freeze flags but still no luck. Bios was setup according to your and multiple other posts. I also tried unchecking the Intel I kect in graphics co figuration in clover.

Bios has all the adjustments including fastboot and secure boot disabled.

I see some errors during install but that thing is too fast and doesn't get stuck until it gets to installation.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'll try to photograph the Install log.

P.s. I am installing in on the inland drive since the Samsung 970 plus m.2 has issues based on what I've read. Both the drive and USB were formatted with os journaled and guid partition

First off thaNK you for the detailed guide.

I've just completed my hardware build
I9-9900
Asus ROG gaming 390-e
Gtrident 2x16gb
Corsair liquid cooler
1tb inland sata
500 GB Samsung 970 plus evo
Xfx radon 580x

I've tried looking through other threads but haven't found a fix.

After the initial USB high Sierra boot I make it past all the logos and drive selection and get to installation (the 18 minute one). Installation used to run and then reboot, now it gets stuck and then reboots.

Tried to boot via verbose, safe, no freeze flags but still no luck. Bios was setup according to your and multiple other posts. I also tried unchecking the Intel I kect in graphics co figuration in clover.

Bios has all the adjustments including fastboot and secure boot disabled.

I see some errors during install but that thing is too fast and doesn't get stuck until it gets to installation.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'll try to photograph the Install log.

P.s. I am installing in on the inland drive since the Samsung 970 plus m.2 has issues based on what I've read. Both the drive and USB were formatted with os journaled and guid partition

Z390 is considerably different from Z370. It can still be made to work but may require lots of changes to configuration.

Boot in verbose mode and take a picture of where it gets stuck. At the Clover boot menu, select the options to not reboot on a kernel panic.

Make sure the Samsung 970 EVO Plus is not even installed in the computer. Just having it installed can cause kernel panics even if nothing is installed on it.

Z390 is considerably different from Z370. It can still be made to work but may require lots of changes to configuration.

Boot in verbose mode and take a picture of where it gets stuck. At the Clover boot menu, select the options to not reboot on a kernel panic.

Make sure the Samsung 970 EVO Plus is not even installed in the computer. Just having it installed can cause kernel panics even if nothing is installed on it.
Thanks for the response. I'll remove the m2 and retry install. I currently have windows installed on that drive.

As for taking a picture I'll give another try doesn't seem to get stuck just breezes through

As for the 370 vs 390 from the reading so far it doesn't seem like too much of a variance but I won't speculate. Also, do letter variance of the board (I VS F) matter in configuration?

Thanks for the response. I'll remove the m2 and retry install. I currently have windows installed on that drive.

As for taking a picture I'll give another try doesn't seem to get stuck just breezes through

As for the 370 vs 390 from the reading so far it doesn't seem like too much of a variance but I won't speculate. Also, do letter variance of the board (I VS F) matter in configuration?

On Z370, I found that there was very little difference between different models. For example, nearly identical configurations worked for Z370-G and Z370-I, etc.

I don't think the same is true for Z390. Z390 seems weird and there are many inconsistencies to me... Just my two cents...

Those of you who are using i9-9900K and want About This Mac to correctly identify your CPU, just add the following to your config.plist:

Captura de Pantalla 2019-04-18 a la(s) 17.58.25.png

Credit:https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/smbios-19-x-imacs-2019.274686/page-17#post-1944018

Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 7.35.59 AM.png

On Z370, I found that there was very little difference between different models. For example, nearly identical configurations worked for Z370-G and Z370-I, etc.

I don't think the same is true for Z390. Z390 seems weird and there are many inconsistencies to me... Just my two cents...
Hmm, that's not reassuring. I don't think I've seen a post about Asus ROG Z390-E,. I've seen a G, but no E. Back to the battle front I guess.

Appreciate your help, will try get a picture of the setup shortly.

Confirmed**
Staring at a Mac desktop currently and nearly tears in my eyes. More to go in configuration but this feels like the huge first step. Thanks @pastrychef .

Samsung 970 Plus is the culprit. As @pastrychef said HD should be completely out of the motherboard.
Booting in Verbose and turning off kernel panic and ignoring graphics Intel injection was also on.

Next stop configuration.

Back