Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I lied - found 10 min to make the EFI swap.

No change - I still have video through the bios and clover, and up to 3/4 of the way through the macOS loading screen. At that magic 3/4 spot where the screen blinks, DP drops out and I no longer have signal from DP. It works find if I swap to HDMI.

I lied - found 10 min to make the EFI swap.

No change - I still have video through the bios and clover, and up to 3/4 of the way through the macOS loading screen. At that magic 3/4 spot where the screen blinks, DP drops out and I no longer have signal from DP. It works find if I swap to HDMI.

Doesn't make sense... I use the same settings and same video card with DisplayPort everyday.

Which DisplayPort are you using? I'm using the one that's next to the HDMI.

Do you have CSM enabled or disabled in BIOS? Mine is disabled.

For those of you considering a water cooler for your CPU, here's a video you may find interesting:

Doesn't make sense... I use the same settings and same video card with DisplayPort everyday.

Which DisplayPort are you using? I'm using the one that's next to the HDMI.

Do you have CSM enabled or disabled in BIOS? Mine is disabled.

I'm also using the one next to HDMI (although it doesn't seem to make a difference), and have CSM disabled.

I'm also using the one next to HDMI (although it doesn't seem to make a difference), and have CSM disabled.

Can you please try booting in to the Recovery partition using the config.plist from EFI r4.5.3? Does it also go to black screen?

So, thought I'd just mention in passing that a user on another thread (@kgp's thread, actually) reported that he bought two brand new, fresh out of the box Asus Aquantia 10G cards from Amazon (the same ones we've purchased and used), and they worked without any patches, any modding whatsoever. He's on 10.14.4.

He just plugged them in and they worked. How about that?

Yes - still gets the black screen.

I don't get it... We have extremely similar systems. I have no idea why DisplayPort isn't working for you...

For me, neither IGPU nor the Vega 56 needs any framebuffer patching. In fact, nothing graphics related needs to be done to config.plist.

Have you tried updating to the latest Lilu/WhateverGreen?

I don't get it... We have extremely similar systems. I have no idea why DisplayPort isn't working for you...

For me, neither IGPU nor the Vega 56 needs any framebuffer patching. In fact, nothing graphics related needs to be done to config.plist.

Have you tried updating to the latest Lilu/WhateverGreen?

I'm up to date on my kexts (first thing I check :) ). I posed the same question to the Framebuffer Patching thread, and CMMChris suggested looking into AGDP kext to patch.

Turns out, there's a 'agdpmod=ignore' boot flag for whatevergreen, and it fixed my issue. I'm still trying to wrap my head around why this was required, but maybe it's a result of my mobo/card configuration...

Thanks for your help and time!

Back