Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hmm... I've never encountered this before... I don't know the solution...

If you want, you can try an alternate method of getting macOS on your hack.

1. Get a USB HD/SSD.
  2. Connect the USB HD/SSD to your real Mac or working hackintosh.
  3. Clone the drive from your Mac or working hackintosh to the USB HD/SSD or do a clean install to the USB HD/SSD.
  4. When done, copy the EFI folder to the EFI partition of the USB HD/SSD.
  5. Plug the USB HD/SSD to your hack and boot.
  6. Clone the USB HD/SSD to your NVMe SSD.
  7. Copy the EFI folder to the EFI partition of your NVMe SSD.
I've done this before on multiple occasions and it has worked flawlessly every time.

Thank you,
After I redo the installation usb with apple command, copy the EFI use clover to install the usb drive
and just install it, then copy the EFI folder to my EFI Drive on my ssd.
I reboot the machine, was able to boot into clover without the usb drive inserted, boot into mac os,
which take a really really long time (4-5 Mins) then I am greeted with black screen and nothing happen at all.

What should I do now?

Thank you,
After I redo the installation usb with apple command, copy the EFI use clover to install the usb drive
and just install it, then copy the EFI folder to my EFI Drive on my ssd.
I reboot the machine, was able to boot into clover without the usb drive inserted, boot into mac os,
which take a really really long time (4-5 Mins) then I am greeted with black screen and nothing happen at all.

What should I do now?

Please try booting in to verbose mode and take pictures of where the slow downs occur and, if you can, right before the screen goes black.

Also, please post your EFI folder.

About fan control on this Mobo?
When I attach a Noctua NF-A12x25 fan to either of the chassis fan connectors, it just runs at noisy full RPM.
I tried to adjust the RPM profile in the BIOS but this seemed to have little or no effect (or I am not using Bios correctly but that seems pretty basic.) When I plug fan into CPU_OPT it runs at a reasonably lower RPM. Any ideas on this? I would expect I could control RPM more directly and precisely in BIOS.

Attachments

• fan.jpg
    fan.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 121
When I attach a Noctua NF-A12x25 fan to either of the chassis fan connectors, it just runs at noisy full RPM.
I tried to adjust the RPM profile in the BIOS but this seemed to have little or no effect (or I am not using Bios correctly but that seems pretty basic.) When I plug fan into CPU_OPT it runs at a reasonably lower RPM. Any ideas on this? I would expect I could control RPM more directly and precisely in BIOS.

I have my NF-A12x25 connected to CPU_OPT too. It's attached to the front of my NH-D15S. I've never tried connecting the fan to either of the chassis connectors.

Please try booting in to verbose mode and take pictures of where the slow downs occur and, if you can, right before the screen goes black.

Also, please post your EFI folder.

Sorry for that post, I did just reinstall the whole thing, now it just work, thank you, will move on the serial number and uuid thing, the usb mapping will be a nightmare though

Sorry for that post, I did just reinstall the whole thing, now it just work, thank you, will move on the serial number and uuid thing, the usb mapping will be a nightmare though

That's great news!

In my opinion, the following guide is the easiest to follow for USB:

The BIOS settings do work - make sure you have them right. PWM or not and then use a custom profile as the default ones all have the fans running too fast too soon - for me, they were at at ambient, but it gets warm here.

Make sure you save the settings for each header before selecting another. It doesn't remember the changes otherwise. Whilst it's a simple UI, this feature caused me no end of problems for a while.

Incidentally, don't use the W_PUMP+ header - it works, but will be 100% all the time.

CPU_OPT is just a 2nd header attached to CPU_FAN, so is controlled by the same settings.

You might be able to get better results running as non-PWM mode, even if your fans are PWM. The BIOS lets them be stopped whereas PWM will always run.

I do have the same Motherboard, the same graphics card, and an i5-8600 CPU. When i take the efi folder from this thread, i can install the system, but after the reboot the system won't boot. I get an infinite loop of restarting to the clover menu again and again.
How can i figure out the error?

I do have the same Motherboard, the same graphics card, and an i5-8600 CPU. When i take the efi folder from this thread, i can install the system, but after the reboot the system won't boot. I get an infinite loop of restarting to the clover menu again and again.
How can i figure out the error?

Please update your profile to include your CPU, motherboard, and GPU.

Please try booting in verbose mode and try to catch a picture of where it fails.

Triple check your BIOS settings to make sure everything is correct.

Thank you for your answer.
It was my mistake. I didn‘t boot the second time from the USB.
I'll try it again this afternoon.
I'll update my System Information.

Back