Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Now the new problem is, I was able to boot into clover, but don't see the Mac OSX installer, only option to boot to older Windows drive.

Try creating your USB installer using the Apple directions:

When done, copy the EFI folder to the EFI partition.

This is weird, So i use clover installer to install the

VBoxHfs - 64

and now i can boot into the osx installer, is this suppose to be use?

Now the apple logo will come up, the the bar will load till like 60% then the apple logo wil become error symbol instead

Last edited:
This is weird, So i use clover installer to install the

VBoxHfs - 64

and now i can boot into the osx installer, is this suppose to be use?

Now the apple logo will come up, the the bar will load till like 60% then the apple logo wil become error symbol instead

My EFI folders include HFSPlus.efi. VBoxHfs-64.efi should not be needed.

Please try running in verbose mode and post a picture of where it gets stuck.

@pastrychef Hey. My monitor LG 4k 27UK650 is connected to motherboard through DP and I get randomly black screen flashes. Like someone disconnect and then connect the cable again. It starts blinking and if I reconnect the cable it stops blinking. If I don't reconnect it it becomes black and only reboot may help. What it might be wrong? I have latest bios (1802). iGPU multi-monitor is enabled and CPU graphics set as default graphics device in bios.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 45
@pastrychef Hey. My monitor LG 4k 27UK650 is connected to motherboard through DP and I get randomly black screen flashes. Like someone disconnect and then connect the cable again. It starts blinking and if I reconnect the cable it stops blinking. If I don't reconnect it it becomes black and only reboot may help. What it might be wrong? I have latest bios (1802). iGPU multi-monitor is enabled and CPU graphics set as default graphics device in bios.

What kexts are you using?

You have some Nvidia settings in config.plist > Devices > Add Properties. What are they for? Do you have an Nvidia card installed?

Have you tried using my EFI from post #1?

Last edited:
@pastrychef These settings disable my nvidia gtx 1080 so I can run Mojave on hd 630 and not putting out nvidia card everytime. These settings recommended by CorpNewt.

@pastrychef These settings disable my nvidia gtx 1080 so I can run Mojave on hd 630 and not putting out nvidia card everytime. These settings recommended by CorpNewt.

Try using my EFI folder and add those settings to the config.plist. Remember to set SMBIOS to iMac18,1 and copy over your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID.

My 9900K is shown as "unknown" too.

You need to spoof 8th gen IGPU. Please see post #1.
Thank you so much!

It worked (partly).

I see "Intel HD Graphics CFL" in system info -> graphics/displays now

Now, when waking the machine, by using a bluetooth keyboard/trackpad/mouse it wakes, but black screen. After ca. 1 min it goes back to sleep and can not be woken by bluetooth device again. Only the power-button. But then I get a display signal.
If I press buttons often while it wakes, I will get a signal.

If I wake the machine by using the power button in the first place, it directly wakes with display signal, but bluetooth sometimes doesn't work (bcm94360cd)

why could that be?

Thank you so much!

It worked (partly).

I see "Intel HD Graphics CFL" in system info -> graphics/displays now

Now, when waking the machine, by using a bluetooth keyboard/trackpad/mouse it wakes, but black screen. After ca. 1 min it goes back to sleep and can not be woken by bluetooth device again. Only the power-button. But then I get a display signal.
If I press buttons often while it wakes, I will get a signal.

If I wake the machine by using the power button in the first place, it directly wakes with display signal, but bluetooth sometimes doesn't work (bcm94360cd)

why could that be?

Are you using SSDT for USB?

Please enter the following in to Terminal and post the output:
Code:
pmset -g log | grep -i failure

Back