Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thank you a lot for all your support!

Finally I got installed Mojave! OMG!

Thanks to the post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/bazookamac-1-0-i5-8400-h370m-bazooka-vega-56.266512/page-2

I fixed finally downgrade BIOS from .14 to .10!!!

Now I am checking hardware, I would like to show some screenshots, let me know what do you think if is right or not:

I am doing some test about Vega 56. I got those Geekbenchs, are them right?
I also saw, in launchpad, if you zoom the image you can see some waves that the are not in my MacBook Pro, I don't know if I am explaining right, the thing is, when I was installing Mojave, before I used multibeast to install boot tools in my Mojave HD, launchpad looks was perfect, but I didn't do any Geekbench to see if performing was better or not.

I played a game, league of legends, same configuration macOS vs W10 and first one gets 150 fps, second one gets 220-280 fps. In my iMac for example, I have got bootcamp with windows and there are no differences (I think is even better macOS performance with this game), do you think something can be wrong?

I also did a nova bench , what do you think?

Thank you a lot!

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2019-01-23 a las 23.39.42.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-01-23 a las 23.39.42.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Captura de pantalla 2019-01-23 a las 23.40.06.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-01-23 a las 23.40.06.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Captura de pantalla 2019-01-24 a las 9.26.27.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-01-24 a las 9.26.27.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
  • Captura de pantalla 2019-01-24 a las 9.21.37.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-01-24 a las 9.21.37.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 54
I used multibeast to install boot tools in my Mojave HD

I don't know what you mean by "waves" in Launch Pad.

What did you install with MultiBeast? I did not use it in my instructions on post #1. Mixing my EFI folder with MultiBeast will probably result in problems because you will end up with conflicting kexts in multiple locations.

Never expect gaming on macOS to be on par with Windows. Just about every game will perform much better in Windows.

I played a game, league of legends, same configuration macOS vs W10 and first one gets 150 fps, second one gets 220-280 fps. In my iMac for example, I have got bootcamp with windows and there are no differences (I think is even better macOS performance with this game), do you think something can be wrong?

Wait.. I'm confused. Bootcamp with Windows on your hackintosh? Does Bootcamp work on a hackintosh? Or are you comparing hackintosh with a real Mac?

I don't know what you mean by "waves" in Launch Pad.

What did you install with MultiBeast? I did not use it in my instructions on post #1. Mixing my EFI folder with MultiBeast will probably result in problems because you will end up with conflicting kexts in multiple locations.

Never expect gaming on macOS to be on par with Windows. Just about every game will perform much better in Windows.

Thanks for reply.

- About
Wait.. I'm confused. Bootcamp with Windows on your hackintosh? Does Bootcamp work on a hackintosh? Or are you comparing hackintosh with a real Mac?

I am sorry about the confusion. I have an iMac with bootcamp and I said that I did not notice any different between league of legends performance in iMac macOS and iMac W10

Thanks for reply.

Check in /Library/Extensions/ and /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. Make sure you don't have the same kexts in multiple locations. Also, make sure you don't have multiple instances of Aptio fixes whether it be OsxAptopFixDrv or AptioMemoryFix.

Bootcamp is just a utility to assist in installing Windows on a Mac. Once installed, you end up with a "BOOTCAMP" drive or partition on your Mac.

On a hackintosh, you can install Windows on a separate drive or partition and essentially end up with the same thing.

When I transitioned from my old Mac Pro to my hack, I transplanted my "BOOTCAMP" drive from the Mac Pro to the hack and it works fine to this day.

I'm glad to help.

All the mapping of the USB ports is already done for the Asus Z370-G motherboard. Just choose which ports you want to disable to bring total USB port count down to 15 or less.
Alright, seems the mapped out USB ports fixed my sleep/wake issues entirely.

I decided to disable the same ports as you, except "HS12" because that's where my Bluetooth USB is connected. I disabled "HS07" instead which is the "M.2 USB2 Connection" – something I assume I'm not going to need, my 2nd M.2 port is probably going to be an SSD as well.

Here's my entry if somebody has a similar WiFi+Bluetooth card setup:
Code:
uia_exclude=HS07;HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10
My "ABWB 802,11 AC WI-FI + Bluetooth 4.0 (PCI-E) BCM943602CS" card is connected to the "USB1112" on-board connector. (As shown in the Asus Strix Z370-G Manual)

Thanks again Mr. pastry, you have been exceptionally helpful! If i find the time I'll write a User Build for my setup.
Take care y'all!

Yep, I'm somewhat familiar with it. I 'did a bootcamp' on a partition of my MBP late 2013, with Windows 8.1, but I was not impressed by the speed. My initial motivation back then was: Being able to play Carmageddon:Reincarnation that I had backed on a crowdsource, because of their 'also for Mac' stretch goal. Because they would develop the Windows version first.

But those early, beta versions of Carmageddon didn't run very well on a MBP bootcamp back then. There was a videocard driver update just about every time I fired it up. I suppose the video card, even though I had the 'BTO' videocard option, was too underpowered for it.

The Mac version never materialized. Very disappointing, specially since they did develop other versions of Carmageddon after that – just not for Mac :-X. I haven't backed any Kickstarter projects since. Anyway. I digress. I could run it on my W10 partition now, I suppose, after six years…

Check in /Library/Extensions/ and /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. Make sure you don't have the same kexts in multiple locations. Also, make sure you don't have multiple instances of Aptio fixes whether it be OsxAptopFixDrv or AptioMemoryFix.

Thank you Pastrychef.

I have read again post one and you are right, I was confused with the Mojave's guide installation and I used Multibeast after finishing the installation thinking that I need to do this to get Mojave bootable from my hard disk. Since I did this, and I reboot PC I saw some differences such us those "waves" that I mentioned to you before, If you see in a big screen and do zoom to the pictures, you can see like pixels and not a smooth picture. Sorry about my explication, its looks like when you install windows and you do not have still installed graphics card drives, you see the screen different.... I will do other screenshoots.

The thing is, I installed multibeast and now I don't know what to do, should I format the pc and start from beginning? I checked kexts in all folders and I didn't see any duplicated but, I don't know what would be better.
Captura de pantalla 2019-01-24 a las 16.45.09.png

I painted some marks to help a little bit (as I said, to see them better is necessary zoom the image), when I use my MacBook Pro it doesn't appear, or after first installation this hackintosh (before use multibeast) those "waves" weren't there. (maybe this is not important, but I prefer to ask...)

If you think I should reinstall from beginning, how do you recommend me to do this? I tried format from Windows tools but Mojave HD is not allow to select (looks grey). Should I use a boot USB tool like partition wizard to do this?

Other question, what do you think about Geekbench that I show you before? Are they right for this components?

Thank you so so much

Back