Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thanks again, I will look into the USB fix.

I’m thinking about updating the BIOS because of the screen glitches and screen going to 100% blue at W10 sleep via hdmi and the getting into BIOS tapping.

This Aorus Gaming 5 board is on F6. I noticed there are 6 newer versions available.

What method do you recommend for flashing and what BIOS version do you use?

Thanks again, I will look into the USB fix.

I’m thinking about updating the BIOS because of the screen glitches and screen going to 100% blue at W10 sleep via hdmi and the getting into BIOS tapping.

This Aorus Gaming 5 board is on F6. I noticed there are 6 newer versions available.

What method do you recommend for flashing and what BIOS version do you use?

I always update to the latest BIOS as soon as I'm aware that one has been released. This probably isn't the wisest thing to do... It's probably a better idea to refrain from updating BIOS if everything is working well.

I always update to the latest BIOS as soon as I'm aware that one has been released. This probably isn't the wisest thing to do... It's probably a better idea to refrain from updating BIOS if everything is working well.

I can always roll back to the old version, right?

M.2 slot working great. I have 2 NVMe, one with macOS and one with Windows.
audio OK, no native NVRAM.
Sleep wake not tested yet. but I have shutdown and reboot not working....I have to do it manually.

PS quick sync working now but I used different values:
0000923e
923e0000

Thank you!!!

@pastrychef @xelanaiznac

Hi pastry chef, I'm in the same boat as xelanaiznac and I believe you might have made an error regarding your instructions in post #1. xelanaiznac gave the values of

AAPL,ig-platform-id 0000923E​
device-id 923E0000​

for users in High Sierra with 9th-gen CPU for a iGPU + dGPU config. I can verify that those are the correct values. The values you proposed in your post #1 are

AAPL,ig-platform-id 0300923E​
device-id 923E0000​

and that did not work at all. Any other users still on High Sierra able to verify what framebuffers they're using? I'm paired with an Nvidia GPU hence I have to stay in High Sierra.

@pastrychef @xelanaiznac

Hi pastry chef, I'm in the same boat as xelanaiznac and I believe you might have made an error regarding your instructions in post #1. xelanaiznac gave the values of

AAPL,ig-platform-id 0000923E​
device-id 923E0000​

for users in High Sierra with 9th-gen CPU for a iGPU + dGPU config. I can verify that those are the correct values. The values you proposed in your post #1 are

AAPL,ig-platform-id 0300923E​
device-id 923E0000​

and that did not work at all. Any other users still on High Sierra able to verify what framebuffers they're using? I'm paired with an Nvidia GPU hence I have to stay in High Sierra.

If you look at this post, the two connectionless ig-platform-ids are 3E910003 and 3E920003. This is true for Mojave. Either can work and really makes little to no difference which you choose.

3E920000 has 3 connectors. Therefore, it's not "headless".

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 1.04.47 PM.png

I don't know if this works in High Sierra. I don't have High Sierra installed anywhere anymore...

THANK YOU FOR THIS! I have been struggling to get macOS running, but finally got it thanks to you and this guide! My only lingering issue is, once in a while, it hangs on reboot, and I have to shutdown and turn it back on. But I can live with that. Awesome writeup!

THANK YOU FOR THIS! I have been struggling to get macOS running, but finally got it thanks to you and this guide! My only lingering issue is, once in a while, it hangs on reboot, and I have to shutdown and turn it back on. But I can live with that. Awesome writeup!

Try enabling FixIPIC, FixRTC, FixTMR, and FixHPET to see if it helps the random hangs at boot.

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 2.35.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-22 at 2.35.19 PM.png

Hello everybody!

I have been reading Post 1, and I decided to try install my first Hackintosh.

I am a W10 user in my main PC. I own a MacBook Pro, and I am so happy with macOS ecosystem. (I also an iPhone). So I tried to install in a second SSD Mojave system.

The thing is, that, I did as I read guys, but, when I am doing the installation, after choosing Mojave boot in Clover (with verbose option), the words than appear suddenly get foggy and a cancel sign appears, and other time appears a little grey square but it is freeze and do not continue…

Do you know what can it means?, I read several times the main post but, I don’t know what can be happening. Any idea?

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

I updated BIOS, and now its not happening the foggy words and cancel sign, but it doesn't continue with the installation from here.

I just cannot find in my BIOS settings this root,
  • Boot/Secure Boot/ OS Type - Other OS
IMG_1004.jpg

I don't know if this can be important and how to solve it

Thank you so much!

I am using a i5-8600K + Vega 56 + H370 Bazooka

Last edited:
Back