Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I've seen the LG OLED displays and the image quality is amazing. But having had two TVs that did not even last 3 full years, I was very apprehensive about spending so much on a TV again...

obviously not worth it .. moral wear is logarithmic to electronics today ... we must have the courage to keep us somewhere in the middle class at the price / quality ratio ...

I feel the same way about Samsung. Lol

Dam that is some bad luck I think maybe like my luck with making the Hack stay stable. I have 4 sam monitors the two 4k I bought for $800 new for the pair 399 each about 3 years ago, the price was way to good to be true but it was so I swooped them.

I recently also bought my GF the same monitor because it was $100 for the floor model. I do have another older 1080 Samsung monitor that I have been using for about 8 years now, and a 10 year old Samsung TV I think I paid 1000, it was the primary TV for about 7 years though it was replaced by a Sony 4k about 3 years ago. I have never bought anything that was super expencive from them just the average price of other things around them. I really liked my 1080 Asus monitors I had before these 4k ones, and the Dell one I had before that. Back in the olden CRT days I used Viewsonic only nothing else compared back then maybe Sony but I do not remember them making monitors then.

Dam that is some bad luck I think maybe like my luck with making the Hack stay stable. I have 4 sam monitors the two 4k I bought for $800 new for the pair 399 each about 3 years ago, the price was way to good to be true but it was so I swooped them.

I recently also bought my GF the same monitor because it was $100 for the floor model. I do have another older 1080 Samsung monitor that I have been using for about 8 years now, and a 10 year old Samsung TV I think I paid 1000, it was the primary TV for about 7 years though it was replaced by a Sony 4k about 3 years ago. I have never bought anything that was super expencive from them just the average price of other things around them. I really liked my 1080 Asus monitors I had before these 4k ones, and the Dell one I had before that. Back in the olden CRT days I used Viewsonic only nothing else compared back then maybe Sony but I do not remember them making monitors then.

Yeah. Lol. Horrible luck!!

My very first monitor was a Sony Multi-sync. I think I got it when I was about 13 years old. I even made my own monitor cable from Radio Shack parts. Lol

I remember using a Mitsubishi Multi-sync with my PowerMac G3/G4s. I think it was a 20". I swear it seemed like that behemoth weighed like 80lbs. It was a pretty high end monitor at the time and lasted for years.

After that, I went LCD and went through a few Dells (21-30") with which I had very good experiences with up until the 27". When I got my 32", I don't think Dell had a 32" available.

My very first monitor was a Sony Multi-sync. I think I got it when I was about 13 years old. I even made my own monitor cable from Radio Shack parts. Lol

Thats hard core old monitor cables have a lot of wires, I tried to replace a Pin once did not turn out so well.

Thats hard core old monitor cables have a lot of wires, I tried to replace a Pin once did not turn out so well.

Lol. It was just DB15 and not all the pins were used, so not too bad... Fun times...

Which one? I have the BenQ PD3200U and the LG 32UD59-B. I prefer the LG. The BenQ "Blinks" every few minutes and I will eventually return it. I love it otherwise
I have the same BenQ and get the same blinking. My computer has been crashing a few times a day where all of a sudden it goes to a blank screen and is unresponsive. Have you had that happen while using your BenQ?

I have the same BenQ and get the same blinking. My computer has been crashing a few times a day where all of a sudden it goes to a blank screen and is unresponsive. Have you had that happen while using your BenQ?

No, my X299 system is rock solid. So much so I have been reluctant to upgrade it. I used to have hangs playing Starcraft 2 when I was using an MSI RX 580 but that ended with the change over to the Vega. I now use the 580 in my 2009 Mac Pro, and it works perfectly there.

MANY PD3200U users complain about the blinking. I fear it is a flaw in this $900 monitor. I have an extended warranty on mine, and I'm going to try to get it replaced in the coming months.

No, my X299 system is rock solid.
Thanks for the info. The infrequent blinking I can handle. But the crashing is causing me to lose work, argh! Well at least I know the monitor is unlikely the culprit.

This morning, I decided to mess around with the VGTab utility to see how far I can lower the fan speeds on my Vega while still keeping the card under 80C under load. I ran the usual benchmarks to monitor temps but noticed that, no matter what I did, FPS seemed to be capped at 60fps! Well, after many, many restarts and tests, it turned out that having Safari open somehow prevented Unigine Heaven and Valley to go beyond 60fps... :banghead:

We look forward to your "translated for mortals" addendum in the guide (on page 1?).

Oh. Happy New Year from Sydney, Australia.

We look forward to your "translated for mortals" addendum in the guide (on page 1?).

Oh. Happy New Year from Sydney, Australia.

Since everyone's card/GPU is different, each person will have to do trial and error testing to find out what their individual card is capable of. It's the same as overclocking CPUs.

For my particular card, am able to set max fan speeds to 3300rpm. With this, the GPU maxes out at about 78C under load. As long as it stays under 80C, it won't throttle itself.

Back