Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

That kernel panic is showing PCI, ACPI, and USB problems. Are you using a USB card and/or the USB 3.1 gen 2?

The app used is called VideoProc. You can get it for free from here.

Yes, I used liquid metal between the die and IHS AND between the IHS and heatsink. If it were possible, I would have liked to skip the IHS altogether and go direct to die. Lol
No USB cards. I do have some MIDI USB2 controllers connected to the red gen2 USB's of the MB, should I just avoid using them?
Thanks.
Wow... I had never seen liquid metal on top of an IHS before, you're a brave one sir.

Merry Xmas!

No USB cards. I do have USB Midi USB2 controllers connected to the red gen2 USB's of the MB, should I just avoid using them?
Thanks.
Wow... I had never seen liquid metal on top of an IHS before, you're a brave one sir.

Merry Xmas!

Yes, please try connecting the MIDI controller to one of the other USB ports and see if the panics stop.

I figured if I went through all the trouble of minimizing heat restrictions, why create another bottleneck using normal thermal compound...

I just discovered a bug with Lilu 1.2.9 and/or WhateverGreen 1.2.5. When used with an i9-9900K and spoofing Coffee Lake ig-platform-id, running VideoProc > Settings > Options will cause a violent, abrupt system restart.

Reverting to Lilu 1.2.8 and WhateverGreen 1.2.4 and no crash.

I just discovered a bug with Lilu 1.2.9 and/or WhateverGreen 1.2.5. When used with an i9-9900K and spoofing Coffee Lake ig-platform-id, running VideoProc > Settings > Options will cause a violent, abrupt system restart.

Reverting to Lilu 1.2.8 and WhateverGreen 1.2.4 and no crash.

me too, but is not lilu ... only whatevergreen have problems ...

Yes, I used liquid metal between the die and IHS AND between the IHS and heatsink. If it were possible, I would have liked to skip the IHS altogether and go direct to die. Lol

IIRC you used an aftermarket heatspreader? I'm planning to delid my 8700k as soon as I get a die and liquid metal. Would you advise using liquid metal on the outside of the standard spreader, or is kryonaut(?) a better option given the unknown metal alloys in the heat sink (I have a Corsair AIO).

IIRC you used an aftermarket heatspreader? I'm planning to delid my 8700k as soon as I get a die and liquid metal. Would you advise using liquid metal on the outside of the standard spreader, or is kryonaut(?) a better option given the unknown metal alloys in the heat sink (I have a Corsair AIO).

If you don't know what type of alloy is used on the Corair AIO, don't use liquid metal.

Personally, I have used liquid metal on both sides of the IHS every time I've delidded. But I've only ever used Noctua heatsinks on all the systems I've built.

Merry Christmas.
@pastrychef remember I spoke of random shutdowns, cpu panics?! You told me to check overclock and so on. I did and it gave me some more stability. But I still get them. Twice today, and that's probably why I writing this post today :D
They seem network related. Im using the intel ethernet card in the motherboard. I figure that probably why you don't see the problem, since you're using a 10Gb card.
They are by no means related to workload or overclock. My first today happened 3.30 AM, when the entire house was sleeping. I figure that one is related to powernap waking up the system to do something ?! I have a bunch of the crash reports , and what they all have in common is kernel in backtrace is:
com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet(2.3)[7664CC46-C3FE-3D04-93EE-FC1E4EFBBFB7]@0xffffff7f97713000->0xffffff7f9772afff
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily(3.4)[A37DBC4E-D518-3B2B-8736-AE6B88C53D9C]@0xffffff7f93a9c000

I hope you can help - or point to me to someone who can. Its not critical, since it can go weeks without a problem, but annoying that I can't rely 100% on this hack.

If you read into the crash reports, after the first few, you can tell I have tried getting the newest IntelMausiEthernet Kext.
With no effect :(

Attached crash reports, Dates
23 Oct
11 Nov
16 Nov
10 Dec
12 Dec
18 Dec
27 Dec
27 Dec #2

Attachments

• Crash reports cpu panic Archive.zip
    32.7 KB · Views: 51
what they all have in common is kernel in backtrace is:
com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet(2.3)
Current version of IntelMausiEthernet.kext is 2.4.1 - Suggest you update.

Last edited:
Back