Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

If you are on Mojave, use 4.5.1. Just change system definition to iMac18,1.

Maybe the limited resolution choices is a limitation of UHD 630. I didn't try changing resolutions when I was testing it. I just use native 4K.
Am using 18,1. Native 4k is sharp, but small on the 28 inch monitor.

Wou
If you are on Mojave, use 4.5.1. Just change system definition to iMac18,1.

Maybe the limited resolution choices is a limitation of UHD 630. I didn't try changing resolutions when I was testing it. I just use native 4K.
Wouldn't you expect the new Mac mini, 8,1 to have multiple resolutions?

Wou

Wouldn't you expect the new Mac mini, 8,1 to have multiple resolutions?

I haven't tried Macmini8,1. It should work well.

Just changing to Mac mini 8,1 didn't make a difference

I remember when I was using the Mojave beta on a spare drive I was unable to get anything between 3840x2160 and 1920x1080. Kinda like Goldilocks one is too small and the other is too big!

I do know a couple of things did make a difference for me but I don't remember the detailed results....1. was changing the serial number when change system IDs, it made a difference for me when changing from my old hack 14,2 definition. 2. The other was cabling, DisplayPort vs. HDMI. Unfortunately I didn't make detailed notes (lesson learned) as I was trying to get Airplay working so wasn't focussed on resolutions. Good luck finding a solution.

I haven't tried Macmini8,1. It should work well.
Hey Docbjr, i'm having exactly the same thing with the HD630. I will try to use this topic:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/

And i will try using these values:

Gen 8: Coffee Lake (Intel UHD Graphics 630)
- Support started with macOS 10.13.6 (17G2112) / 10.14 beta 4 (18A336e)
- Desktop: 0x3EA50000 (default), 0x3E9B0007 (recommended)
- Laptop: 0x3EA50009 (default)

I'm just not sure how to set this on the config.plist.

It's a shame it's the only thing that is not perfect on my system!

Let me know if it works....

Let me know if it works....

Try Math34's suggestion on post #4711.

Back