Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thank you, for your help!
But this didn't work.
If i use the normal EFI, the card is working, and recognized as Radeon HD7xxx.
I have to try more. My last install with High Sierra I used MultiBeast and not this EFI. There were random reboots. Now i wanted to try this, because the Mojave update didn't work and my machines did not boot any more.

I really have no experience with those older AMD cards. I had been using Nvidia cards for a long time, and the only AMD cards I've had to play with are the RX 580 and Vega 56. I know that the older AMD cards required more configuring...

I'm sure you will get more help from the Graphics sub-forum.

Test stability in Windows or Linux. The sporadic nature makes me believe it's a hardware issue.

@Thorsager : I had the same issues. I haven't used MacOS much after applying the recent EFI 4.4 patch though, so haven't encountered any new kernel panic.

I have been playing games on Windows, which is rock stable, so the issues are very unlikely hardware related. I also overclocked in Windows (same settings that gave me issue with macOS before).

Yes, if you are using IGPU only, you should use iMac18,1.

That's just a rename of one of the SMBus controllers. Nothing is being patched.
So I decided to give up on any hope for an AMD video card for my Z370M-iTX/ac do to the size. Since I want to use Mojave and My Nvidia 1030 is not supported (no Nvidia driver), I decided to forgo using any discrete board.
The trouble is when I remove the board, the computer boots half way across the boot line and then reboots into a loop.
What do I need to do to fix this?
Thanks in advance

So I decided to give up on any hope for an AMD video card for my Z370M-iTX/ac do to the size. Since I want to use Mojave and My Nvidia 1030 is not supported (no Nvidia driver), I decided to forgo using any discrete board.
The trouble is when I remove the board, the computer boots half way across the boot line and then reboots into a loop.
What do I need to do to fix this?
Thanks in advance

Are you using my r4.4.4 EFI? It should not have any boot loop with that EFI.

Hey chef,

So the BCM94360CS2 card is up and running, however, after making a custom DSDT, during sleep I'm no longer able to wake with mouse movement/click (MX Master 2s via bluetooth).

Know of solutions?

Cheers

Hey chef,

So the BCM94360CS2 card is up and running, however, after making a custom DSDT, during sleep I'm no longer able to wake with mouse movement/click (MX Master 2s via bluetooth).

Know of solutions?

Cheers
delete custom DSDT

Back