Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Unfortunately, I need to ask for help because I still don't understand the ssdt-aml bits.

I'm on a Z370-G.

1. I've downloaded the aml file (933 bytes) from the first post and placed it in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
  2. My "Kernal and Kext patches" has AppleUSBXHCIPCI Find 837D8C10 Replace 837D8C1B Change 15 port limit to 24.... as DISABLED -> Checked
  3. My existing config.plist has "-lilubetaall -igfxbeta -alcbeta -ngfxbeta shikigva=60" in Boot / Custom Flags; do I put the excludes before or after this?

I'm not clear on how to label the excludes. I need the 2 internal standard USB2 headers (1 for the PCIe add-in wifi/BT card, one for a remote poweron button for the PC itself) and I need the 1 internal standard USB3 header (for the front USB3 port on the case); I do not use the M2 USB2 connector (in MacOS) at all, since that's used by the (unused by me) built-in wifi, which doesn't work in MacOS anyway. I think I'm OK on all that. But on the ports on the back of the motherboard, I'm very confused. For example, I need HS09 and HS10, the 2 USB2 ports. And I need all the blue superspeed ports. So do I exclude the "highspeed" versions of all those "superspeed" ports, because I only plan to plug in USB3 peripherals, and if I did ever need to put in a USB2 item I'd put it into either the 2 USB2 ports or into a USB3 hub? Is that how it works?

Then I would INCLUDE: HS11/HS12, HS13/HS14, SS03/SS04, HS09, HS10, SS01, SS02, SS05, SS06
....for a total of just 12 items... which is below the 13 cutoff limit....

and EXCLUDE: HS03, HS04, HS01, HS02, HS05, HS06

Is that how it works?

That looks fine. Does it sleep if you log out of iCloud?

Also, try entering the following in to Terminal and see the output:
Code:
pmset -g log | grep -i failure
Nothing happens with th
That looks fine. Does it sleep if you log out of iCloud?

Also, try entering the following in to Terminal and see the output:
Code:
pmset -g log | grep -i failure
Nothing happens with pmset -g log | grep -i failure

Unfortunately, I need to ask for help because I still don't understand the ssdt-aml bits.

I'm on a Z370-G.

1. I've downloaded the aml file (933 bytes) from the first post and placed it in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
  2. My "Kernal and Kext patches" has AppleUSBXHCIPCI Find 837D8C10 Replace 837D8C1B Change 15 port limit to 24.... as DISABLED -> Checked
  3. My existing config.plist has "-lilubetaall -igfxbeta -alcbeta -ngfxbeta shikigva=60" in Boot / Custom Flags; do I put the excludes before or after this?

I'm not clear on how to label the excludes. I need the 2 internal standard USB2 headers (1 for the PCIe add-in wifi/BT card, one for a remote poweron button for the PC itself) and I need the 1 internal standard USB3 header (for the front USB3 port on the case); I do not use the M2 USB2 connector (in MacOS) at all, since that's used by the (unused by me) built-in wifi, which doesn't work in MacOS anyway. I think I'm OK on all that. But on the ports on the back of the motherboard, I'm very confused. For example, I need HS09 and HS10, the 2 USB2 ports. And I need all the blue superspeed ports. So do I exclude the "highspeed" versions of all those "superspeed" ports, because I only plan to plug in USB3 peripherals, and if I did ever need to put in a USB2 item I'd put it into either the 2 USB2 ports or into a USB3 hub? Is that how it works?

Then I would INCLUDE: HS11/HS12, HS13/HS14, SS03/SS04, HS09, HS10, SS01, SS02, SS05, SS06
....for a total of just 12 items... which is below the 13 cutoff limit....

and EXCLUDE: HS03, HS04, HS01, HS02, HS05, HS06

Is that how it works?

You are better off disabling the two USB 2 ports in the rear (HS09, HS10) and use the USB 3 ports.
Use USB1112 motherboard header for your PCI-e Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card.

My suggestion is to disable these:
HS07 - M.2 USB 2
HS08 - unused
HS09 - Rear USB 2
HS10 - Rear USB 2
HS11 - Internal USB1112 header
SS07 - unused
SS08 - unused
SS09 - unused
SS10 - unused
USR1 - unused
USR2 - unused

This will bring your USB ports down to 15. You can add the following to your config.plist:
uia_exclude=HS07;HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10;USR1;USR2

When you add the above to your config.plist, just click on the Custom Flags section and add it to the end. Each of the custom flags are separated by one space.

Nothing happens with th

Nothing happens with pmset -g log | grep -i failure

I don't know what is causing your sleep issues and I don't know what else to try. All I can tell you is that sleep/wake is working on my end with the same EFI. Maybe check some of the software you have installed...

Edit:
Maybe try creating a new account. Log in to new account and see if sleep/wake is working. If it does, it has to be some software you installed on your main account.

Last edited:
Re:uia_exclude=HS07;HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10;USR1;USR2

That has HS11 in there; won't that kill one of the 2 internal USB2 ports? Why do the internal USB2 ports require 2 HSxx's for each one?

Re:uia_exclude=HS07;HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10;USR1;USR2

That has HS11 in there; won't that kill one of the 2 internal USB2 ports? Why do the internal USB2 ports require 2 HSxx's for each one?

Each of the internal USB 2 headers have pinouts for two USB ports. Your PCI-e Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card only needs one of the two for Bluetooth. In all of the PCI-e Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards I've seen, they all use the even numbered port. Therefore, you can disable the odd numbered port without consequence.

Shouldn't I then also exclude HS13 too?

Shouldn't I then also exclude HS13 too?

You said you needed the second USB 2 header for some case power thing. I don't know what it is or what it does so I didn't want to diable anything on that header. You will have to find out if that thing uses one USB port or both and, if it uses one, which one.

I just wanted to post a quick explanation of what went wrong with my setup and how I fixed it. These are the most pertinent components:
I'm guessing the video card was probably the one that made things hard for me.

In the guide, it's recommended to turn CSM on or off depending on what works best [Boot/CSM (Compatibility Support Module)/ Launch CSM]. In my case, with CSM turned on, the card wouldn't increase the resolution past 640x480 for some reason. (Funny enough, you can still access the entire screen, but everything past 640x480 is blank.) But with CSM turned off, the installer wouldn't boot at all.

However, the correct way to fix it is to turn CSM off, and then in Clover use FixHeaders in the ACPI Fixes section. This allows the installer to boot.

Now for a fun fact, while I was trying to figure out how to fix this I decided that maybe if I could just get OSX installed and booted, it would install a video driver that works. So I installed OSX blind, mostly using my keyboard. I used Terminal to partition my drive. Finally, on the installer screen, I had to click randomly until I could tell it to use my drive and to hit the "install" button. :thumbup: And it worked. It took forever. But unfortunately installing OSX didn't solve this problem at all. :beachball:
Anyway, don't do something as stupid as I did :mrgreen:

I made exactly the same build, MB with last bios from Asus, except for GPU, I went with Radeon RX 580 pulse and I was facing random freezes/crashes on HighSierra 10.13.6,
I can only move the mouse, cannot open or restart OS from mouse or keyboard, I had to force shutdown.
On Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ there was several logs with GPU Reset related to AMDRadeonX4000_AMDEllesmereGraphicsAccelerator (Attached),
I tried CSM on/off, but it did not work, finally I remove WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext, installed and Old Radeon 7950, enable Radeondinit and now everything runs fine. I tried 2 RX 580, pulse and nitro, both cause same bug.
Anyone can help me with this bug ?

Regards

Attachments

• Kernel.txt
    40.5 KB · Views: 161
Back