Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

THANK YOU pastrychef - this was my very first hackintosh and I followed your instructions as closely as I could (except only 16gb RAM, and using on-board video for now because I want a silent-as-possible computer).

Everything's working great! I'm SO relieved :)

Quick question - my current version of clover is 4458 - I think I may have accidentally installed clover separately during the process, I'm still not clear how the underlying EFI and config go together. That said, I did copy over all the changed files from your latest r3.5 collection (overwriting the necessary files from v3.3 that I had initially installed, and deleting apfs.efi) - no problems whatsoever.

Should I upgrade my version of Clover to latest? What would be the safest way to go about it?

FYI - I upgraded from Mac OS 10.3.5 to 10.3.6 last night, it worked like a charm!

Upgrading Clover is easy. Just download the latest version from SourceForge and launch the installer. When you get to the following widow, click the Customize button.
Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 3.40.30 PM.png
Then, make sure the following items are selected:
Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 3.41.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 3.43.07 PM.png
After that, just click the Install button.

Brilliant! Thank you :)

Sorry - it doesn't allow me to de-select "Clover EFI", and pops between the two options. Which should I pick,
- CloverEFI 64-bits SATA OR
- CloverEFI 64-bits BiosBlockIO ?

Sorry - it doesn't allow me to de-select "Clover EFI", and pops between the two options. Which should I pick,
- CloverEFI 64-bits SATA OR
- CloverEFI 64-bits BiosBlockIO ?

Select "Install for UEFI booting only" and CloverEFI will automatically be deselected.
Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 4.09.50 PM.png

Ah! Missed that, my bad. Thank you again!!

Interesting that the article stated the CPU would support Intel WiFi/BT. Didn't say how, but probably through a motherboard chipset, like the current on-board Intel graphics and Thunderbolt. This could cause a problem in that macOS (as of today) doesn't support Intel WiFi/BT chipsets. So, turning the Intel chipset "off" to use another macOS compatible chipset might be a problem.

Interesting that the article stated the CPU would support Intel WiFi/BT. Didn't say how, but probably through a motherboard chipset, like the current on-board Intel graphics and Thunderbolt. This could cause a problem in that macOS (as of today) doesn't support Intel WiFi/BT chipsets. So, turning the Intel chipset "off" to use another macOS compatible chipset might be a problem.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. The motherboards that have support for Intel Wi-Fi/Bluetooth apparently have CNVi connectors for an Intel card that doesn't work with M.2 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth. The CNVi cards are basically just the a "companion" card that has the radio while the actual Wi-Fi/Bluetooth chipset is part of the motherboard chipset.

Hi, Newbie here, wanted to try an build a hackintosh, excellent guide, I have the same motherboard as pastry chef, created the usb flash disk with unibeast and booted up, now for post installation I downloaded clover configurator ,but it won't let me mount EFI partition. I show 2 EFI partitions, one for the flash disk and the other I guess for MACOS, I can't mount either, any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Hi, Newbie here, wanted to try an build a hackintosh, excellent guide, I have the same motherboard as pastry chef, created the usb flash disk with unibeast and booted up, now for post installation I downloaded clover configurator ,but it won't let me mount EFI partition. I show 2 EFI partitions, one for the flash disk and the other I guess for MACOS, I can't mount either, any idea what I'm doing wrong?

How are you trying to mount the EFI partitions? Have you tried EFI Mounter? You can also do it in Terminal.

Back