Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Yes I was thinking on Windows, GPU render. If what you're saying is correct, there is no harm in having the 780 with 1080 since they don't need to SLI?? I guess I'll have to research that.

well, I just made the installer key and about to install mac OS X on my new machine, I already have windows 10 installed on another drive, should I take it out completely??

My knowledge of Windows is very limited, but if it works the same way as on macOS, correct. You won't need to connect them via SLI.

Installing macOS shouldn't affect your Windows install... That being said, if it's not too much trouble, it's obviously safer to disconnect the SATA cable to your Windows drive.

Hi again @pastrychef,

I've figure out the two NV cards issue by disabled IGPU.
I disable IGPU from BIOS, uncheck the Inject Intel as well as disabled change GFX0 to IGPU DSDT in EFI.
Now both graphic card works.

Here is my new issues - Chrome & Safari UI Lag and sometimes OSX UI render color issue(especially Finder).
I noticed Chrome & Safari UI significantly lagging just like my 15 years ago HDD Desktop.
I guess it may related to hardware acceleration or some DSDT patches is not being disabled(e.g. Change PEGP to GFX0).

Here I've packed my EFI folder, could you please check my config.info in case my changes for disable IGPU was not completed.
Besides, do you any have suggestions for UI lag?

Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI_NVME_NoIGPU.zip
    32.7 MB · Views: 160
Hi again @pastrychef,

I've figure out the two NV cards issue by disabled IGPU.
I disable IGPU from BIOS, uncheck the Inject Intel as well as disabled change GFX0 to IGPU DSDT in EFI.
Now both graphic card works.

Here is my new issues - Chrome & Safari UI Lag and sometimes OSX UI render color issue(especially Finder).
I noticed Chrome & Safari UI significantly lagging just like my 15 years ago HDD Desktop.
I guess it may related to hardware acceleration or some DSDT patches is not being disabled(e.g. Change PEGP to GFX0).

Here I've packed my EFI folder, could you please check my config.info in case my changes for disable IGPU was not completed.
Besides, do you any have suggestions for UI lag?

Thanks!

Cool! Thanks for updating on how you got the second video card working.

As for the lag, it sounds like you are being affected by the buggy Nvidia web drivers. Downgrading to the .104 version is the current workaround. This link should provide you with all the tools and info you need to downgrade: NVIDIA Web Driver Clover Patch + Tools | tonymacx86.com

Hello!

Thanks for your detailed guide. I am building a new hackintosh with the same motherboard and CPU as yours and NVIDIA GTX 1070. I used the same EFI for Nvidia offered in this thread.

Installing process is OK. However, currently I am suffering from random reboot problem and I cannot debug what is the reason. I tried to remove all the boot flags(only dart=0 and nvidia_drv=1 remained) and situation got even worse(reboot directly after entering the password). Do you have any hints?

Hello!

Thanks for your detailed guide. I am building a new hackintosh with the same motherboard and CPU as yours and NVIDIA GTX 1070. I used the same EFI for Nvidia offered in this thread.

Installing process is OK. However, currently I am suffering from random reboot problem and I cannot debug what is the reason. I tried to remove all the boot flags(only dart=0 and nvidia_drv=1 remained) and situation got even worse(reboot directly after entering the password). Do you have any hints?

Hi.

If you are experiencing this right after a fresh install, I have to assume that it's hardware related because there's really no software installed to cause this.

You can try troubleshooting RAM by running with just one stick of RAM at a time. You can try troubleshooting the video card by running with the IGPU. Also, do not overclock CPU or RAM during this troubleshooting phase.

Hi.

If you are experiencing this right after a fresh install, I have to assume that it's hardware related because there's really no software installed to cause this.

You can try troubleshooting RAM by running with just one stick of RAM at a time. You can try troubleshooting the video card by running with the IGPU. Also, do not overclock CPU or RAM during this troubleshooting phase.

Many thanks for your reply.

I guess it is not hardware-related since I installed Windows before and all worked fine.

I overclocked my CPU when I was using Windows and did not turn it down. I will try to troubleshoot those things.

Thanks again.

Many thanks for your reply.

I guess it is not hardware-related since I installed Windows before and all worked fine.

I overclocked my CPU when I was using Windows and did not turn it down. I will try to troubleshoot those things.

Thanks again.

Also, just to eliminate as many variables as possible, just have USB mouse and/or keyboard plugged in.

Hello!

Hi mate,
I just installed my osx, I had the same issue as you, where the computer restarts after login, it was the IGPU. disable it!

Hi pastrychef,
I've installed OSX on my machine I have a questions:
my 17 8700k is currently recognised as unknown CPU? any idea?
My 1080TI works fine(no lag), but no G_Sync... ideas?
can you please explain to me whats all these login boot arg? -disablegfxfirmware -lilubetaall -igfxbeta -alcbeta -ngfxbeta shikigva=60

Back